Adding 2-stroke oil to fuel tank - Page 4 - Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums

Home Forum Market Place Garage Lounge (0) Tuning Library DTC Tool Register Vendors
Go Back   Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums > Speciality Forums > Maintenance & Fluids
Register FAQ Forum Rules My Replies My Threads Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowAuto LoansInsurance

DieselPlace.com is the premier Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-15-2013, 06:13 PM   #31 (permalink)
go-dwr
Diesel Fanatic

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by go-dwr View Post
I got some Super Tech 2 stroke oil brand at Walmart today and want to try it so should I put in 8oz or 16oz for my 26 gallon tank ?
Well I put in the whole 16oz and seems to run more smooth and I noticed alot more black smoke which is ok with me. I also put in some power service white bottle for winter.
09' Silverado 2500HD LTZ Ext-Cab Duramax 4WD PCV Reroute, EFI Live Idaho Rob, DSP5 switch, EGR turned off, 4" turbo back exhaust with flow thru muffler, Edge CTS insight for gauges with Edge EGT probe.
Offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-15-2013, 10:16 PM   #32 (permalink)
moss022
Diesel Master

iTrader Score: 1 reviews

Illinois Diesel Power (IDP) Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by knaffie View Post
2.5 gallons ?!?! I hope you're kidding.
do think thats to much or too little? sounds like he is using a few oz's. not enought imo. however, 2.5 gallons....thats a good start

RCC member #25
Team Twisted
http://dieselx.com/
Old 01-16-2013, 10:55 PM   #33 (permalink)
TuckerTerra
Diesel Technician

I do not care what anyone says, the oil makes a difference!! At 230,000-ish miles I started have a very rough-surging idle. I was told it was probably my fuel pressure regulator since the my ballance rates were fine. I was told on here to try the oil. I started using the oil. After about 4-5 tanks with the oil in it, the surging went away. A couple times I stopped using the oil and the surging came back. Now, I always and use 8-10 oz of the outboard oil every fill up (along with occasional power service).....AND..... (knock on wood) at 260,000 miles the truck still runs and idles perfect.

I don't care what anyone says, I know in my own mind that the oil helps the engine, and I tell everyone I know about it.

250,000+ Miles and still running strong!

"Work hard, Play harder, you only live once"
Old 01-23-2013, 03:26 PM   #34 (permalink)
go-dwr
Diesel Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by go-dwr

I got some Super Tech 2 stroke oil brand at Walmart today and want to try it so should I put in 8oz or 16oz for my 26 gallon tank ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by go-dwr View Post
Well I put in the whole 16oz and seems to run more smooth and I noticed alot more black smoke which is ok with me. I also put in some power service white bottle for winter.
I can notice a little bit of blueish looking smoke to which I assume is oil burning and coming out of the exhaust. I might try 8oz or 10oz niext time.
09' Silverado 2500HD LTZ Ext-Cab Duramax 4WD PCV Reroute, EFI Live Idaho Rob, DSP5 switch, EGR turned off, 4" turbo back exhaust with flow thru muffler, Edge CTS insight for gauges with Edge EGT probe.
Old 01-23-2013, 07:34 PM   #35 (permalink)
jblather
Diesel Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuckerTerra View Post
I started using the oil. After about 4-5 tanks with the oil in it, the surging went away. A couple times I stopped using the oil and the surging came back. Now, I always and use 8-10 oz of the outboard oil every fill up (along with occasional power service).....AND..... (knock on wood) at 260,000 miles the truck still runs and idles perfect.
Which brand of two-stroke oil are you using? Is it Walmart Super Tech TC-W3 Outboard 2-Cycle oil?
Replaced instrument cluster stepper motors.
Canadian truck in the USA.
Old 01-24-2013, 01:15 PM   #36 (permalink)
TuckerTerra
Diesel Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by jblather View Post
Which brand of two-stroke oil are you using? Is it Walmart Super Tech TC-W3 Outboard 2-Cycle oil?

Yeah, I usually just get it at walmart. Exactly, Super tech outboard oil. I get it by the gallon, its cheaper that way. I dont know that the brand matters too much as long as it is TC-w3 outboard oil

250,000+ Miles and still running strong!

"Work hard, Play harder, you only live once"
Old 01-24-2013, 05:06 PM   #37 (permalink)
jblather
Diesel Technician

Thanks, I might start using it just because of the lower lubricity of today's diesel fuel.
Replaced instrument cluster stepper motors.
Canadian truck in the USA.
Old 01-26-2013, 12:07 AM   #38 (permalink)
BrennanK
Diesel Technician

I've got a dumb question.
If the only reason you guys are running this oil is for the lubricity of it, why don't you run an additive designed for lubricity? Like Opti-Lube or Stanadyne Lubricity Formula. Wouldn't running any additive that adds lubrication be it oil or something else inherently decrease engine noise as well?

I like the 5% bio-diesel here in MN, I notice that my truck runs much smoother and quieter on it, as it also adds to the lubricity factor of regular diesel. I can tell a difference in engine noise when I fill up out of state, as well as when I use some Stanadyne in my tank or not. I can also notice a difference in smell between different stations diesel exhaust (no cat).
AUX Radio Input (iSimple ISGM535) - High Idle Mod - Head Gaskets (June 2012@149K) - OEM Cab Lights - LBZ Mouth Piece - All On Headlight Mod - Puddle and Footwell LED's - OEM Towing Mirrors - Uniden BCT15x Scanner
-Stock tuning and staying that way

Future:
gauges in Trippin Mount, backup lights, LBZ door badges, lux amp, Kennedy lift pump, aux CAT filter
Old 01-31-2013, 12:02 AM   #39 (permalink)
Bartman432
Diesel Master

Does the 2 stroke oil have any adverse effects on the DPF or CAT's on the newer trucks?
Motor Mods: PPE Hot+2 tuner, PPE ported fuel rail fitting, Banks air intake/filter & super scoop, Banks boost tube, Air Dog II 165 LP, EGR blocked, 5" Flo-Pro DPF back exhaust, PPE Centrifuge, Superflow Dyno @ Westech Performance Group (522hp & 956lbs. torque Hot+2 Race) with DPF & CAT 506hp & 925lbs.torque (Smog Legal once again)
Trans: Stage 3 built by Mike L. (Inglewood Transmissions), with Suncoast 1057 TC, PPE pan, Upgraded trans lines.
Rearend: Re-Geared with 4:10 and Chrysler posi unit, Mag-Hytec cover, Firestone airbags.
Tires & Wheels: 2012 GMC factory 18" with Michelin 265/70R18 LTX A/T 2 with 1.5" adapters by Motor City Bolt On
Interior: PPE EGT, Boost and Fuel rail pressure guages, Pioneer DVD HU, Components, Pioneer 10" TS-SWX251 flat sub, (2) Alpine amps.1988-1992 USMC, 3RD AABN, Desert Storm/Shield Vet
Old 01-31-2013, 10:17 AM   #40 (permalink)
moss022
Diesel Master

iTrader Score: 1 reviews

Illinois Diesel Power (IDP) Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartman432 View Post
Does the 2 stroke oil have any adverse effects on the DPF or CAT's on the newer trucks?
I tried it. It didn't like it. Got all pissed off real fast and went into regen

RCC member #25
Team Twisted
http://dieselx.com/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.