Diesel Place banner

F.P. Diesel Extreme Fuel Additive and Hot Shot's Secret Oil Additive

9K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  dnewton3 
#1 ·
Has anyone used either or both of these products? I was watching Truck U on Speed Channel and saw an advertisement for Hot Shot's Secret Oil Additive. After Googling it, it looks interesting. Looks like it was tested on the PowerStrokes and helped them out. They say that it's good for the Duramax's also but before I order some I thought I would see if anyone here gave it a try yet.

Br Safe,

Tugs

#2 ·
The injection systems are different between PSD HEUI and our Dmax systems. I don't know that I agree completely with some of their claims, but I know that the improvements they tout really wouldn't make much, if any, difference in a Dmax.

As for the oil, there isn't any need for an additive. All one has to do is review the hundreds of UOAs and see that the Dmax is one of the best wearing engines out there in the diesel market. Frankly, I doubt any additive could improve the already stellar wear in a Dmax.

I'm not saying these products are going to hurt; I just doubt they'll help.

Caveot emptor.

#3 ·
"Secret Oil Additive"? I want to know what I'm putting my my truck.

#7 · (Edited)
:lol:
Got it!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.