2005 T7500 gmc truck - Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums

Home Forum Market Place Garage Lounge (0) Tuning Library DTC Tool Register Vendors
Go Back   Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums > Speciality Forums > Medium Duty Trucks
Register FAQ Forum Rules My Replies My Threads Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowAuto LoansInsurance

DieselPlace.com is the premier Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-21-2013, 12:43 AM   #1 (permalink)
adamsproduce
Diesel Enthusiast

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

2005 T7500 gmc truck

Hello i have a gmc 2005 t7500 truck. I am having some type of issue when releasing the gas pedal the engine doesnt make make that brake air type noise when coming to a stop. It rolls like a car with no noise and sometimes it will have an air build up and make that engine slowing down noise. I do not have air brakes. Also when picking up off a red light it makes that a normal truck sound and gets quiet with a zzzzz sound.. Exhaust light on dashboard also goes off when warming truck up? any answers will be helpful thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-21-2013, 01:08 AM   #2 (permalink)
Diaric
Administrator
Spam Assassin
The Old Crank

iTrader Score: 2 reviews

Old School Oil Burners (Old SOBs) Member

Alberta Coal Rollers Member

DieselPlace.com Lifetime Premium Member

moved to medium duty trucks
Originally Posted by 4320diesel View Post
well to make your pump retarded, you could let it hang out with me for a day
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkstrong View Post
Diaric wins thread derailment......
Quote:
Originally Posted by High Sierra 2500 View Post
Yeah Diaric, I gotta say, I'm afraid I'm going to have to give you an official warning on that.
6.2 FACTS AND ANSWERS Click Here
My Restoration Thread Click Here
Alberta Coal Roller Member #2
Offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-21-2013, 04:29 AM   #3 (permalink)
sh8kr
Diesel Technician

Diesel? Exhaust brake? More info please the more you include about the truck the easier and most accurate help can be answered.
my 2$
Steve C
Old 01-21-2013, 12:00 PM   #4 (permalink)
adamsproduce
Diesel Enthusiast

hey sh8kr i dont have much experience with trucks but i am trying to understand whats the issue on the truck. ill try to give you all the info i can.. well its a gmc T7500 2005 caterpiller engine boxed truck... i have an exhaust button on the dashboard but i dont use it because i need to purchase a new air compressor that works with the air seat and exhaust brake. what my truck is doing is this when driving on the highway i hear a fluctuating air engine noise going up and down up and down. its not a hissing air noise its like an engine howl noise... also when approaching a stop there is no sound of the truck helping me to stop which i think is part of the exhaust yielding . hope i didnt confuse you.. i will take my truck to a mechanic but i just wanted to know what i might be looking at so he doesn't push me other things..
the thing is when i drive and come to a stop as rpm are lowering it makes that engine lowering sound and most of the time it doesn't do it like an on and off thing.. maybe its the engine fan or something in the exhaust flat that is not opening.
thanks for your time bud..
Old 01-21-2013, 12:45 PM   #5 (permalink)
heymccall
Diesel Laureate

No compressor = no engine brake. Simple 'nuff.

You need the compressor.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GetSome8.1HD
Its not like I said I enjoyed reading Good Housekeeping while taking a candle lit bubble bath then proceeding to using a loofah with exfoliating creams all while thinking about you . Now THAT would be creepy
Member #21 of the OiO association
Old 01-21-2013, 12:58 PM   #6 (permalink)
Diaric
Administrator
Spam Assassin
The Old Crank

iTrader Score: 2 reviews

Old School Oil Burners (Old SOBs) Member

Alberta Coal Rollers Member

DieselPlace.com Lifetime Premium Member

sounds like an air to air leak
Originally Posted by 4320diesel View Post
well to make your pump retarded, you could let it hang out with me for a day
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkstrong View Post
Diaric wins thread derailment......
Quote:
Originally Posted by High Sierra 2500 View Post
Yeah Diaric, I gotta say, I'm afraid I'm going to have to give you an official warning on that.
6.2 FACTS AND ANSWERS Click Here
My Restoration Thread Click Here
Alberta Coal Roller Member #2
Old 01-21-2013, 11:44 PM   #7 (permalink)
adamsproduce
Diesel Enthusiast

even when i had the compressor it was the same. i dont use the exhaust button but with it being off when u let go out the gas pedal as the rpms go down the engine has that lowering sound. that sound comes and goes and it sounds like something is like chocking it.. its weird. ill have to have a mechanic take a look at it..
Old 01-22-2013, 12:21 AM   #8 (permalink)
heymccall
Diesel Laureate

Most actuate the engine brake feature with a proximity switch integral to the low idle adjust screw. The throttle lever must touch the adjuster screw (has two wires). IF you elevate the engine speed at all, with the manual throttle knob, the throttle lever will NOT touch the low idle screw/ switch.
Many Cats have a double throttle spring there, too. They are a spring within a spring. Kinda important, too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GetSome8.1HD
Its not like I said I enjoyed reading Good Housekeeping while taking a candle lit bubble bath then proceeding to using a loofah with exfoliating creams all while thinking about you . Now THAT would be creepy
Member #21 of the OiO association

Last edited by heymccall; 01-22-2013 at 12:22 AM.
Old 01-22-2013, 11:18 PM   #9 (permalink)
adamsproduce
Diesel Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by heymccall View Post
Most actuate the engine brake feature with a proximity switch integral to the low idle adjust screw. The throttle lever must touch the adjuster screw (has two wires). IF you elevate the engine speed at all, with the manual throttle knob, the throttle lever will NOT touch the low idle screw/ switch.
Many Cats have a double throttle spring there, too. They are a spring within a spring. Kinda important, too.
hey. well i dont have much experience with trucks so my best bet would be to take it to a mechanic and try to explain it to him.. my truck doesn't have an idle knob but a button on the dash there is a button that raises the idle up a bit.. are you saying that this can be causes by a low idle ? i do think my truck needs to have its idle raised as it is because on a morning start up it shakes.. thanks for your help bud
Old 02-13-2013, 12:52 PM   #10 (permalink)
adamsproduce
Diesel Enthusiast

hello, so my truck is at the mechanic right now. ive been having a new issue which is this. when i start the truck up the engine shakes like crazy and chocking with white smoke and if you hit the gas a bit there is no response. i would life the cabin up and push multiple times on the fuel pump until it clears out and right away give a bit of gas to keep it running other wise it would shake on idle and smoke badly. i would also get stuck on red lights where your about to hit the gas and it starts shaking smoking and no movement. mechanic is telling me its a transmission control or something like that. does that sound right, and is that part expensive ?? someone please let me know.. thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.