Diesel Place banner

Mirrors

3K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  GM Customer Svc 
#1 ·
Has anybody have an easy way to tighten the mirrors to reduce the seen vibration?
Max

#2 ·
Bump):h

#4 ·
Had the same issue with mine. I just had to pop off the dust cover on the bottom of the pivot at the truck and tighten it up a bit. Made a big difference.

#6 ·
If its the glass itself it could be caused by two things, one you can fix other you can't :( The glass is partially stabilized by a rubber spacer/pad that pressure fits mirror cover and mirror assembly/glass together. Over time they wear out etc. You can remove the cover and replace them. My passenger side mirror was messed up thanks to some jack ass in an SUV that clipped me, sucked for him cause my mirror arm took out his windshield :rolleyes: But from the impact my mirror cover was loosened and the light fell out causing the wind to whip threw there and actually turn the glass. I had it replaced last week and its solid now.
The second cause of the shake is wind, besides tighten everything snug there is no fix for that :( seems to do it over 70mph and if its windy day.

#7 ·
What is the procedure for removing the mirror so as not to break it? I would like to replace the pressure pads.
Max

#15 ·
Hello,

I understand that you are looking for advice to fix your vehicle issue regarding the mirror vibrating and I might not be able to provide any technical advice. However, if you decide you cannot resolve the issue yourself I am happy to locate and set up an appointment with your local dealership. Private message if I can be of any assistance.

Jennifer T.
GM Customer Care

#9 ·
I'm not 100% sure Max, I had it done at the dealership. I can say from talking with my tech, the plug/cap on the bottom of the mirror/arm gets removed and then the bolt inside is unbolted. There are 2 harnesses inside that arm/housing that need to be disconnected. Maybe check out the upfitter page for a blown up view of the mirror.

#11 ·
#12 ·
That's somewhat helpful but all seem scary and I wonder how well it will go back together after forcing it apart :rolleyes:

#13 · (Edited)
Not sure if you can remove the mirror glass without breaking it. Heymccall claims it may/will break it. I believe him, since he works on these trucks.
Here is a picture of glass removed if that will help.

#14 ·
Top glass resides on a backing plate that can be unclipped.
The lower glass mount can only be accessed by breaking the lower glass, or heating it and gently coercing it from its tape.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.