Diesel Place banner

Electronic brake system

1K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  IGO1320 
#1 ·
making plans to head out west next summer. I'm looking at a larger transmission cooler and air brakes for the mountains. Saw something about an electronic or computer brake system but it didn't give a lot of details. Anyone have any experience with this?

#2 ·
Air brakes?

#5 ·
It's a early 2007 LBZ 3500 dually, CC, LB, 4x4. No mods, although I think the previous owner had a tuner on it. Bought it last August at a dealer. Pulling a 5th wheel about 13,000 lbs.

Looking to spend a few weeks out west next summer. Expecting some hot weather. Also heading into the mountains so I want to install some additional braking.

#6 · (Edited)
I always support the idea of extra cooling!!

If the truck and trailer brakes are in good working order then it seems like they should be completely sufficient. There are other threads on this subject (one in particular within the last month or so about towing in Colorado). My big recommendation for the big steep downhills is to slow down and let the very significant engine braking do most of the work.

ON EDIT: Here's that other discussion: http://www.dieselplace.com/forum/76...tips-pulling-grade-monarch-pass-colorado.html

#7 ·
Reactions: Hey Pap
#8 ·
Like Tom said, the thread RE activating turbo braking is just what you are looking for. Very easy to do and provides a large measure of addl. braking power.
Highly recommended!

#9 ·
I have a dsp2 switch with a tow tune/ turbo brake, and a performance/economy tune when I have no trailer. I just towed a FW thru Colorado never had to touch the brakes coming down. Tunes are by "Shotgun Bob" at duramaxtuner.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.