Pro Pride Hitch - Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums

Home Forum Market Place Garage Lounge (0) Tuning Library DTC Tool Register Vendors
Go Back   Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums > Speciality Forums > Towing
Register FAQ Forum Rules My Replies My Threads Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowAuto LoansInsurance

DieselPlace.com is the premier Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-28-2013, 10:17 PM   #1 (permalink)
Stratosurfer
Diesel Technician

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Pro Pride Hitch

All,
Looking at buying an XLR Viper bumper pull at 34' and 9,000 lbs empty for pulling with the Burb in my sig. I have read about the Hensley Hitch and the Pro Pride hitch, and have decided to buy the Pro Pride hitch as I'm near capacity on the 3/4 Burb in terms of stability. Anyone used a Hensley or Pro Pride hitch and care to share their experiences. It seems the only downside to these hitches are their cost. I am looking to use a Pro Pride hitch and Tekonsha P3 for towing up to 11,000 lbs in the trailer loaded.
Any feedback appreciated.

Thanks
98 Burb 2500 LT 4x4 VIN G, 4:10's 190K miles, Amsoil Bypass/full flow filters, Turbo Master, Heath ECU Reflash Towing Tune, Heath P-38 turbo, Duraterm GP's, New Injectors, Walbro FRC-13 LP, 480LE Rebuilt 2X, Vacuum Pump Delete, Fluid Damper, DTech remote bumper mount PMD, Straight through 4" exhaust, Heath HD Cooling Upgrade, Rotella ELC, new Delphi radiator, Wrapped 2.5" Crossover, Heath Cold Air box & Filter, Fumoto Drain, Alcoa Centerline Wheels, Rear Disc Brakes, Ride Rite Airbags, Walking J Dash clamps, Michelin 235-85R-16 Rib, Heated Powered Towing Mirrors.
San Angelo TX
"You don't have a soul. You -are- a soul. You have a body." C.S. Lewis
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-29-2013, 12:58 PM   #2 (permalink)
Premis
Diesel Master

11,000 pounds PLUS 9,000 empty weight??? or 11,000 combined? If it's the former, you are clearly way over weight.
Edge Juice w/Attitude - 4" straight pipe (shaved the muff and killed the kitty) with 5" tip - Blocked EGR - triple guage pod (Aux Fuel, Air Bags, Boost) - air bags w/compressor and 2 gallon air tank - tint (5 back/15 front) - custom grill - pace roll-top cover - 28 gallon aux fuel tank (gravity feed) - Pioneer AVIC-D3 in dash DVD/GPS/Bluetooth unit with XM Nav Traffic - metra on-star adaptor - PAC SWI-PS steering wheel remote interface - 2 10" MTX subs with Rockford amp - head rest monitors - passenger visor monitor - viper remote start - 07 mirrors (w/ DIY leveling) - DIY pre-OEM Cat fuel filter - boost stick - AEM Brute Force CAI - 20" black spoke KMC wheels mounted with 305x50x20's

Partner @ BPW Financial Group - Insurance/Investments/Group Benefits
Offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-29-2013, 01:49 PM   #3 (permalink)
clarkely
Diesel Technician

Drove Pa to Florida in 08 - 2008 3/4 ton burb stiil have it - wifes DD - propride hitch ...... drove ti for two years before going to a duramax for towing..... always felt i was on borrowed time with tranny ....... power was adequate...... 10k gvw 36 ft trailer

and loaded for mountains .....

I still use the Propride - I love it!!! several friends have since bought it and love it!!

and Sean is a great guy/owner to work with
Old 01-29-2013, 02:20 PM   #4 (permalink)
Stratosurfer
Diesel Technician

Premis,
I am talking a 9,100 lb trailer that loaded will not exceed 11,000 total lbs.
98 Burb 2500 LT 4x4 VIN G, 4:10's 190K miles, Amsoil Bypass/full flow filters, Turbo Master, Heath ECU Reflash Towing Tune, Heath P-38 turbo, Duraterm GP's, New Injectors, Walbro FRC-13 LP, 480LE Rebuilt 2X, Vacuum Pump Delete, Fluid Damper, DTech remote bumper mount PMD, Straight through 4" exhaust, Heath HD Cooling Upgrade, Rotella ELC, new Delphi radiator, Wrapped 2.5" Crossover, Heath Cold Air box & Filter, Fumoto Drain, Alcoa Centerline Wheels, Rear Disc Brakes, Ride Rite Airbags, Walking J Dash clamps, Michelin 235-85R-16 Rib, Heated Powered Towing Mirrors.
San Angelo TX
Old 01-29-2013, 03:51 PM   #5 (permalink)
Stratosurfer
Diesel Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkely View Post
Drove Pa to Florida in 08 - 2008 3/4 ton burb stiil have it - wifes DD - propride hitch ...... drove ti for two years before going to a duramax for towing..... always felt i was on borrowed time with tranny ....... power was adequate...... 10k gvw 36 ft trailer
I think my 480LE with Heath's TCC locker in the ECU Reflash, as well as a shift kit should handle this load, I will monitor Trans Temp but have been told it seems to stay low. Thanks for sharing, your trailer is almost exactly the same parameters as the one I'm looking at.
San Angelo TX
Old 01-29-2013, 06:18 PM   #6 (permalink)
clarkely
Diesel Technician

Re: Pro Pride Hitch

You will love the hitch...... It marries truck and trailer..... No sway at all...... Can still get a little push but every thing moves together

Sent from my SGH-T999 using AutoGuide App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

PLEASE READ! You must check your email inbox for the confirmation link to complete registration. Please check your spam box if you do not see the email in your inbox.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.