Diesel Place banner

Mold on trailer

2K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  Madland 
#1 ·
Since this is the towing section I figured I'd post here even though it doesn't apply to actual towing but I thought since many here have a trailer somebody could answer. So..while washing my 5er over the weekend I noticed a few spots of mold forming near the roofline on the outside of the trailer and only on the curbside. What would cause this? What do I use to take it off? Thanks in advance for the help!!

#2 ·
Bleach? . . . I can't even think of what would the mold be growing on? . . . I've used Westleys Bleche White to get my big white brick white again.

#3 ·
I use a clay bar to remove crap on our white brick.

#5 ·
It is most likely a spot that gets wet or damp daily and doesn't get dried off quickly.

These campers really deal with a lot of extremes, and because they are generally white, they don't evaporate moisture as fast as other colors (which get warmed by the sun).

All it takes for crap to form on a camper is dirt and moisture.

My guess is that curbside is either north or west facing? Could also be east, but you would be less likely to encounter lingering moisture.

#6 ·
Your getting mold in Socal on the exterior? It takes months in the Seattle area to get any real surface mold on my Toyhauler that sits outside under a giant crappy poplar tree. IMO check your caulking -roof and sidewall to ensure there is not a water intrusion issue..

#7 ·
The curbside faces east and is right up against a cinder block wall. But the top of the trailer where the mold is starting isn't blocked by the wall. I'll have to double check on the roofline's caulking/seal. I'll try the cleaners that some of you have listed. Thanks to all for your help.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.