Diesel Place banner

Which Pullrite Superglide to get

3K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  check.47 
#1 ·
I am in the process of buying a 316QBH Keystone Cougar fifth wheel. I am going to get the Pullrite Superglide for the bed and I am looking for a recommendation on which one to get. The trailer max weight is 11,500lbs. Should I go with the 12k, 14k, 16k, 18k, 24k superglide? I am taling recommendations and I am currently leaning towards the 16k as overkill for this but possible to use for the next one I get. Any thoughts?

#2 ·
I got my 16k(which they no longer produce) from craigslist. I paid $800 for the hitch and capture plate, and another $200 for the bracketry. I installed it myself, and put the holes through the bed too. An easy install that only took me a few hours taking my time. My trailer is a 33' toyhauler, and it pulls great with this hitch. Fully loaded I only gross out on the trailer at about 11,500#. I can still hook my 18' boat to the rear and still be ok. I would definitely try and find a used one from craigslist.

#3 · (Edited)
I have the 18K and pull a 39x12 XLR Toy Hauler works great. Someone is selling one on here. It's under misc.

#4 ·
get the 18K. the 16K is NLA and the 14K will leave you wishing that you would have got the 18K when you upgrade to a bigger coach....:D

do yourself a favor and get the underbed mount system. Where are you located?? If you are in WA I can get you a really sweet deal on the hitch and brackets! -Jeff

#5 ·
Keystone doesn't list the trailer GVWR but my calculations give it a 12860 GVWR. (Shipping weight plus carrying capacity plus PIN weight)

My choice would be the 18K as the 14K hitch is nearly maxed out.

#6 ·
The 16k would work great for you. They no longer make them, but you can still get the underbed mounting brackets almost anywhere. Being as how they no longer make them, you can get them cheaper of of craigslist.

#7 ·
Thanks for the info, a great help- as usual. I got the 18k. I tried craigslist and coudn't find anything. I agree that I would have liked to get the 16k if it was still made.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.