Diesel Place banner

ok boys. motovan update!

13K views 29 replies 9 participants last post by  Eliteods 
#1 ·
ill get a few more pics up soon this is all i have right now. ran the 150 efi live tune from ohio to vegas from vegas to socal and from socal back home to ohio. Did a little over 5k alota highway between 71-77 mph.. i had an avg mpg of 19 worst of 17.5 and best tank was 23! that was with 3 bikes ramp fuel all tools gear ect. along with me my passenger all my clothes along with his and his cameras. also have tht wall and bed built. runnin 255/70/18's tire

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Pictures!! You have PICTURES!!! Woohoo!! :D
Need some better pics of the tires, they look sweet but it's dark and hard to tell!! Lol
I like the rear door storage, gonna do something similar but line it with carpet so it doesn't rattle and vibrate when I have tools in there.
Good deal on the MPG, and thanks for the pics of your exhaust!! Lol
Does it route over the frame same as mine? Your's is more hidden which I like.

What's with the Rolling Coal picture? I can't belch any black smoke outta my diesel even if I tried. I kinda like the smokeless tunes.

#3 ·
o ya she rolls it! if i really get on it itll role coal super black the car behind will disapear for a min! i love it lol smoke out little tuner cars or ******* drivers lol and no my exhaust doesnt go over the frame. also i can do a full turn but it scrapes for a second around 3/4 of a turn. also tow the toy hauler quite abit.

Attachments

#5 ·
Ya mines 28 or 30 around 13 k mabe more some days. Ill get from 9-11.5-12 just depends on conditions and roads

#6 ·
also spoolin i was messing around with my 200 hp tune today... it barely smokes at all the way its set up spools up quick and doesnt burn to much extra fuel. i picked up one of those spade tuners

#7 ·
I have mine on the 100hp tune and it doesn't smoke which is good cuz I don't want it to smoke. It's alot of wasted gas really. That 200hp tune's gotta feel really good! Who do you use for tunes? Who sends you updated tunes for your spade controller? What tune do you use for towing?

#8 ·
I run 80hp for towing... I use George at turner diesel he's awesome! Ya see i love being able to smoke ppl out!... O ya I've been running 150 lately it's good but I can deff notice the diff to the 200 it gets up and goes for sure

#9 ·
:cool: @ least your VAN isnt all that creepy. :whew: ):h

#10 ·
I just replaced my 2011 Mercedes Sprinter moto van with a 13 2500 Savanna Diesel. I love the power of the Duramax vs. the MB. Just trying to figure out how to lay the smaller van out.

#11 ·
welcome and congrats. if you think you have power now, wait untill you get a tune, then you'll really be amazed.
as far as space goes, there is no comparing to the sprinter's height. hopefully you can make it work.

#13 ·
I got the extended 2500 Savanna with the Duramax. I'll probably need to use a trailer more, but I'm not unhappy with the new van. The Sprinter was very roomy and nice, plus we set it up with a divider wall and travel amenities. Unfornately, it lacked power and it became somewhat unreliable. I just started having too many issues with it to be traveling long distances.
Here's the old van.

#24 ·
That's really cool. I already had the convertible sofa from an RV, so I just installed it into the new van. I'm trying to decide if I want to install a divder wall right behind the seat or not. I've got a carpeted panel kit coming to cover and insulate the inside. I definitely need to upgrade my sound system also.

#25 ·
This is my third van. I put a divider in one, but it was more harmful than helpful. It limited my cargo options. For example, I would sometimes take out the bench seat and take both a shifter kart and a supermoto bike to the track. With my current seat, that's not an option but I still don't want the divider wall. There are other scenarios where the wall is in the way.

The 350 is nice since its fuel injected. I never get any gas smell. For the smaller carbureted bikes, there's no smell if you remember to close the petcock. The only issue is gas cans. I added a cargo area on the back of the camper, and the cans go there. In the rare case I don't take the camper, I just set the cans at my rear bumper the night before and load them right when I leave. It takes about 30 minutes for the gas smell to get bad, so loading them last takes care of that. Also, I don't use the a/c on max because that recirculates the air. That can cause a gas smell. With regular a/c and closed petcocks, there's never a problem. Four weeks ago, I had 6 bikes in the back for an 8 hour trip and there were no issues.

Where did you get the carpeted panel kit?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.