Question: 08' Express 2500 ....Front end violently shaking.... - Page 3 - Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums

Home Forum Market Place Garage Lounge (2) Tuning Library DTC Tool Register Vendors
Go Back   Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums > Speciality Forums > Vans
Register FAQ Forum Rules My Replies My Threads Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowAuto LoansInsurance

DieselPlace.com is the premier Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-22-2011, 09:34 AM   #21 (permalink)
doswacko
Diesel Technician

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

CT Smoke Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal 2500HD View Post
This started a few months back, going down the hill the front end shakes like crazy in 2 certain spots. Next day turned the rotors and put the pads back on and everything seemed fine. Following week same 2 spots did the exact same thing, but when I tried to slow down it seemed like the shaking got worse. Had the Idler and Pitman replaced few days later. Following week no shaking, thought I had it fixed. Week after that, came back again....Dealership said everything looked ok. Didnt know what else it could have been so I decided to do my route backwards....Never had the issue going down on the new side. So today I had to do the route the orig way and it happened again...I prepared myself and slowed down to about 40. I literally had to stop in the lane to get the shaking to stop.

Ive noticed it is worse when I have it stacked from the front of the fender-well to the back door. It also slightly happens when I hit a fairly large bump in the road.....

Rotors are good....
New Idler/Pitman Arm...
Tires are good..........

Any ideas on what can be causing this?
Thanks
Brian
Both my vans have the same problem from a month or so of new.
Empty or full they shake, braking down the large hills going to limerock park racetrack.
they dont shake the other direction.
The dealer has replaced almost everything they can think of.
Im almost thinking its the road, but my trucks dont have the problem.
2006 express 2500 van duramax lly "stock" so far
2006 express 3500 van duramax lly "stock" so far
2003 f350 CC Dually powerstroke banks turbo & exhaust
40 foot tri axle enclosed race car hauler
Offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.