Rear Hub Removal Tool 08-Up 2500HD - Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums

Home Forum Market Place Garage Lounge (0) Tuning Library DTC Tool Register Vendors
Go Back   Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums > Speciality Forums > Drivetrain - 2001 - 2010
Register FAQ Forum Rules My Replies My Threads Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowAuto LoansInsurance

Drivetrain - 2001 - 2010 Discuss front and rear axle, transfer case, brakes, etc. Transmission questions belong in the appropriate transmission forum below. First through fourth generation...

DieselPlace.com is the premier Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-26-2011, 02:23 PM   #1 (permalink)
m0nkey
Diesel Enthusiast

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Rear Hub Removal Tool 08-Up 2500HD

Ok...i had a freak thing happen where something in my drum broke and caused my entire rear brake system to implode. It caused the plate that mounts the caliper in place to break in half, sheared my brake sheild in pieces, spit out all the inside springs/adjusting gear, destroyed the rotor and bent the e-brake pads inside. It was a mess to say the least. But after getting all the parts in house via special order from Michigan, i cannot get the hub off...i need to get the hub off so i can replace the caliper mounting plate in the back that is half there.

i have removed the key and the nut that holds the hub in and i can see the bearing but it does not just slide off like the older body style used to. something is keeping it in there. It almost looks like i need a special tool to slide into the 4 slots on the inside of the hub to pinch in the bearing and allow it so slide out. Is this the case??? i have not gotten much help from the dealer in terms of the name of this tool and if it even exists. Neverending transfers with a final mysterious hangup after a half hour of waiting.

any ideas on the removal of the rear hub assembly on a 2008 2500HD?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-27-2011, 05:23 AM   #2 (permalink)
m0nkey
Diesel Enthusiast

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

i guess it just took a little extra a$$ and a little sledge to persuade it...it came off after about 30 knocks...cheers...
Offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

PLEASE READ! You must check your email inbox for the confirmation link to complete registration. Please check your spam box if you do not see the email in your inbox.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.