Discount Tire Policy Problem - Page 2 - Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums

Home Forum Market Place Garage Lounge (0) Tuning Library DTC Tool Register Vendors
Go Back   Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums > Speciality Forums > Wheels & Tires
Register FAQ Forum Rules My Replies My Threads Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowAuto LoansInsurance

DieselPlace.com is the premier Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-17-2013, 01:42 PM   #11 (permalink)
Dmax 5th Wheel
Diesel Master

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Heres the place I went to a long long time ago. Tire Works 9590 W Tropicana Ave.
@ the time they didnt seem to care what tire went on what wheel.
EFI Live, Edge Insight CTS, EGR disabled, Flo~Pro 4" exhaust w/muffler & stock trumpet tip, Pacer LED NBS cab lights, Putco yellow bulb fog lights, GM under tailgate dually light bar, Footwell lights, Cobra 29 WXNWST CB radio, Kenwood speakers, Tinted windows, GM chrome oval running boards, WIF sensor delete plug, Fumoto oil drain valve, Bilstein 5100 shocks, Michelin M/S2, PY0 wheels, Rubber mud flaps, Curt class IV hitch, Wilson 2000 CB antenna

2000 Silverado 1500 LS RC/LB 4x2 4.8L (Whoopty/Work Truck)
Offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-17-2013, 05:05 PM   #12 (permalink)
Franka548
Diesel Technician

VegasDMax,
The crack would be in the center disk part, not where the air is, it could be between the cutouts or between the lug holes, or might be between a lug hole and a cutout. Check it both sides very carefully, it will probably look like a scratch, I have had this happen on my aluminum rims on my 10 wheelers, actually on steel wheels too. This may be why the vibrations aren't consistant.
Frank
03 3500 CCLB dually 2wd, Grizzley locker, AAM finned aluminum diff. cover, Dr. Performance predator, PPE boost valve, Holley lift pump with NAPA 2micron filter, BD exhaust manifold, K&N intake, Bully Dog 4" exhaust, Eagle Aluminum Wheels, BF Goodrich Commercial T/A's 215/85R16 LRE, AirLift Road Tamer full air ride on rear, Bilstein HD shocks, Stomburg-Carlson flowthru tailgate, Autometer EGT and Boost on pillar, RDS 60 gal auxilary fuel tank w/toolbox, Line-X spray in bed liner, Black Powdercoated diamond plate running boards and rear flaps, Reese 22k fifth wheel hitch
07 Alfa Gold 30' fifth wheel, 2 slides, power everything
Old 01-18-2013, 02:03 PM   #13 (permalink)
VegasDMax
Diesel Fanatic

Thanks Frank. Been busy and haven't been able to mess with it much. Will check the wheel carefully. Then my next thing is to take it back to Discount and ask for a road force balance. I don't think I got one of those before.
2007 Sierra Classic GMC, Crew Cab, SB 2500HD SLT, Blocked and Fingered, 45 Gal. TransferFlow Tank, Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo 2's, 285/75/16 on stock wheels, B&W Turnover Ball hitch, Air Lift Air bags.
Old 01-27-2013, 12:36 PM   #14 (permalink)
IGO1320
Diesel Master

Some discounts don't have the RFB's.
265/75/16 Michelin LTX AT2's on PYO's
Kennedy tow tune
Kitty on a "warm shelf", K+N Drop-in filter
Amsoil in all places, Amsoil BMK-27 Bypass
KYB shocks (stock sucked)
Autometer Boost/Pyro gauges
EGR blocker and (Kennedy) finger stick
Transgo Jr. installed at 77325 miles
Kennedy Pump Rub plate installed, 98060 miles
Kennedy lift pump, reserve tank with transfer pump
2011 LML torque converter.
14.558 @ 91.03 Hypertech now?????
Online   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-27-2013, 01:17 PM   #15 (permalink)
VegasDMax
Diesel Fanatic

Just to let everyone know the resolution to my problem:

Discount did a road force balance on the bad tire for me at no charge. It resulted in a subtraction of 1 oz of balance weight overall, and made absolutely no difference in the vibration coming from it. It turned out I got a different sales writer to work with when I got the RFB. When it made no difference, he got me a new tire and mounted and balanced it for me. Problem fixed...
2007 Sierra Classic GMC, Crew Cab, SB 2500HD SLT, Blocked and Fingered, 45 Gal. TransferFlow Tank, Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo 2's, 285/75/16 on stock wheels, B&W Turnover Ball hitch, Air Lift Air bags.
Old 01-27-2013, 04:52 PM   #16 (permalink)
Darius6t9
Diesel Technician

Having a RFB machine in a shop is one thing. Knowing how to interpret the information it gives you is a completely different story. Most shops that have one only have one, maybe two guys that will know how to use and interpret the info. Out of 10 techs in the shop I work at, only a couple know how to use it correctly. If Discount tire knew how to use it, they would have been able to diagnose the bad tire and replace it without having to guess. They would have known for sure.
52 Gallon Titan Tank
Banks Six Gun w/ PDA
Banks Monster Single SS Exhaust
Banks Ram Air Intake w/ Banks Super Scoop
BD Performance Full Bore Exhaust Manifold
Shaved antenna mod
All Work done by ME. More to come next year.
Truck and 28' Cargo Trailer with everything I own.

If you love something, Let it go. If it returns, It's yours. If it doesn't, Hunt it down and shoot it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

PLEASE READ! You must check your email inbox for the confirmation link to complete registration. Please check your spam box if you do not see the email in your inbox.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.