Diesel Place banner

Thunderer M/T Tires

50K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  Swiper2010 
#1 ·
#2 ·
#3 ·
I just seen these on EBAY. The tread pattern is identical to a TOYO M/T ! I loved my Toyo's but disliked the side blocks which these don't have. Problem I have is I can't find them anywhere but EBAY. Do local tire shops carry these ?

#4 ·
I think those are Chinese offshoots. Problem is their QC is next to "0". Remember what happened with those valve stems from china that had poor qc.

LA DMAX

#5 ·
It's odd TOYO would give them such a recognizable tread design though.

#6 ·
thunderer m/t extreme

I just ordered a set of these tires off ebay.They showed up,lookes awesome,got em mounted on my new MB Gunner 8 wheels and they are going on the truck tomorrow after we put the new leveling kit on.These tires took WAAAAAAY less weight to balance than my new BFG KM2's did.Not sure how long they'll last but for $760.00 for a set of four 285/75-16 shipped to my door for free:D,load range e....I'm gonna give em a shot.Even if i only get 20,000 miles it's still cheaper than buying Toyo M/T's at schwabs here in florence oregon for $324.00 a tire!!:eek:

#7 ·
I just ordered a set of these tires off ebay.They showed up,lookes awesome,got em mounted on my new MB Gunner 8 wheels and they are going on the truck tomorrow after we put the new leveling kit on.These tires took WAAAAAAY less weight to balance than my new BFG KM2's did.Not sure how long they'll last but for $760.00 for a set of four 285/75-16 shipped to my door for free:D,load range e....I'm gonna give em a shot.Even if i only get 20,000 miles it's still cheaper than buying Toyo M/T's at schwabs here in florence oregon for $324.00 a tire!!:eek:
Post some pics when you them put on your truck.

#8 ·
Here's the new tires and wheels.They ride good,aren't very noisy at all and they're load range E with a ton of tread.Might be a winning package if they last even 20,000 miles.I may buy an extra set just to have on hand and store em until these wear out.Still waiting on the center caps for the front....they sent closed caps instead of open.

Attachments

#12 ·
How did these tires hold up? Found them at a local tire shop. They're half the price of Toyos so If even If I get 30K then I'm content.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.