Diesel Place banner

2011 8x180 20x9 Wheels Available!

21K views 33 replies 15 participants last post by  WildChild 
#1 ·
The first set of 2011-specific wheels are now available from Eagle Alloy. I ordered a set today from my local Discount Tire. I wanted a place locally in case the offset was wrong.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/20-x...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

I'm going with 305/55/20's like I had on my '08. I'll most likely go with the Pirelli Scorpion ATR's. I had two sets on my '08, and they were great! You just have to brace yourself for the price.

Thought a few of you would be interested. :)

Trevor

#3 ·
I'll definitely have pics up as soon as they're on the truck. What's awesome is the 33.2" tire will clear without having to crank the t-bars...assuming the wheels are the correct offset. I might crank them a little bit, but I don't want to end up on the bump stops like I did on my '08!

#5 ·
Big difference. You will have to crank, and dare I say trim. That wheel has an offset of -12. Even if it was a positive offset I still think you will have to crank to fit 305/55/20's. 305/55's on the stock 20's would even be a tough fit. I hope I'm wrong since I'm about to be in the same boat as you real soon.

Glad to see you are taking the plunge. Can't wait to see some pictures!

#6 ·
The truck has 32.6" tires from the factory. We're talking .3" on each side. My '08 required a lot of t-bar cranking and trimming to fit the 305/55/20's, but they didn't have the same wheel well clearance. They're going to test-fit the wheel with a tire mounted before mounting all of them. I'll step down in tire if it ends up requiring a lot of cranking. I'm not looking to ride on bump stops again!

#7 ·
I have the 20's on my truck with the 32.5's and there seems to be plenty of room for bigger tires. I am considering a set of 35x12.50 toyos for mine so I meassured 1.5" on each side at full lock, etc and it LOOKS like they'll fit on the stock 20's. Wish I had one to experiment with. -Austin

#9 ·
Man I hope you're right. Check out the 315/60/20. It's just a 1/2" thinner than the 35x12.5x20

#10 ·
You can always go to Discount Tire and tell them you wanna install one to see if it fits. They've done it for me on the past.

#11 ·
does the 11' truck have a new lug pattern?

#13 ·
Wheels and tires go on in the morning. I'll have a new thread up tomorrow night with pics. :)

#14 ·
I was wondering if the trail grapplers would fit the stock 20s with no rubbing if i crank the bars a liitle thet say there 33.4 inches tall my last truck 08 had to do a lift and level to fit the 305-55-20s and still rubbed corner of fender well these were mickey thompson MTZs. guess time will tell.

#16 ·
With the new frame and suspension design have the offsets changed? The new wheels look real shallow (lots of offset) compared to the LMM wheels.

#17 ·
Well, it's apparent that Eagle has NOT test-fit the wheels on a truck. They stick out WAY too much! So, I'm still rolling stock. You think they'd be smart enough to test-fit the wheels before they release them! Discount is waiting for a call back from Eagle. SO, don't waste your money on these wheels, unless you like the ghetto look!

#19 ·
I hope you're not holding your breath. We're still trying to locate the correct offset. I spoke with Pro Comp, and they told me 30-60 days for 2011 wheels.

#21 ·
What's crazy is they went out of their way to make a set of wheels with the correct bolt pattern. I'm completely lost as to why they totally screwed them up with so much negative offset. It looked so bad that it HAS to be an oversight. Either that or they've hired the blind institute to do the final QC. ;)

#22 · (Edited)
Lot's of 9" wide aftermarket wheels have a -12 offset, 4.5" backspacing. They are not always designed for a stock truck trying to stuff as big a tire as possible in that wheel well. A lot of guys with lifts run this offset. I would have been blown away if that fit with a 305 and no cranky.

The Dale Ernhart Jr Ribelle comes in a 0 and +20 offset and is listed on wheel pros in the
2011 bolt pattern. Backspace is 5 and 5.79 respectively and come in 18" and 20". Not sure if it's truly available yet. Just noticed it. Also saw the XD Monsters list a 20x8.5 in a 8x180 pattern. Once again, no idea if they're available yet.

#23 ·
Lot's of 9" wide aftermarket wheels have a -12 offset, 4.5" backspacing. They are not always designed for a stock truck trying to stuff as big a tire as possible in that wheel well. A lot of guys with lifts run this offset. I would have been blown away if that fit with a 305 and no cranky.

The Dale Ernhart Jr Ribelle comes in a 0 and +20 offset and is listed on wheel pros in the
2011 bolt pattern. Backspace is 5 and 5.79 respectively and come in 18" and 20". Not sure if it's truly available yet. Just noticed it. Also saw the XD Monsters list a 20x8.5 in a 8x180 pattern. Once again, no idea if they're available yet.
Yeah, you're right. The -12 offset seems to be popular with the guys that have a lift. For us stock height guys, it's definitely not going to work. We'll see what we come across. I'll be shocked if anything is readily available now with the correct offset.

#26 ·
I have been waiting myself to see what comes up for wheels that doesn't stick out, it is going to be hard to get a good looking wheel when the face of the wheel is all the way to the outside of the wheel. I always liked Alcoa wheels but I bet they won't make anything for these trucks.

#27 ·
Forgot to say I had Discount screw up my tires 3 times on the same truck, they had to have lost money when it was all said and done on shipping. Kept ordering the wrong wheels, then tires. They would call and say my truck was done and I would roll in and say those aren't the right ones...

Keep us posted!

#28 ·
Does it look like 305-55-20's would fit on the stock wheels with a little bit of cranking on the t-bars?

#29 ·
I would've already tried it if I had factory 20's! Let Discount slap one on so you can see. :)

#31 · (Edited)
Sticking out too far???????

Got these on about a week ago think they fit pretty well, they stick out about1-1.5in wich unless you want a wheel that looks like stock thats about right. IMHO if you want a wheel that has almost the same offset as stock why even waste your money on wheels:confuzeld

Attachments

#32 ·
Sorry couldnt get the pics uploaded I wanted having Internet problems...

Attachments

#34 · (Edited)
Eagle 079 20x9 Nitto Terra Grappler 305-55-20 no leveling kit just turned the T-Bars up about 5 turns and did the large mender mod but 33's do fit better on the 2011+ trucks alot easier than the 2007-2010 trucks. However I had 33's on my 01, 05, and 06 without any major modifications ther than a little plastic trimming and a leveling kit.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.