Diesel Place banner

19.5 ride quality

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  bigdaddy650r 
#1 ·
Anyont with 19.5s care to comment on the ride quality. I am ready for new tires and might go 19.5's. Some have said that the stiffer sidewalls make the vehicle hard to control over uneven roads. anyone with any experience let me know.

#2 ·
I have the 225's and the sidewalls are real short , I wanted to keep as close to stock size as possible. They really due the job when towing!!!! At 60 on my speedometer I am actually doing 65.

As for the unloaded ride I drop the air down to 65-70 ibs. and my airlift bags to 5 lbs. and the ride is not bad. I commute 60 miles each day and the ride is not noticeable.

#3 ·
I talked with a guy this past weekend that has them on his Dodge with the Alcoa aluminum wheels in 19.5" with 255s on them and he said they are rough as a cob when unloaded. When he is towing the ride is comprable to stock.

JP

#4 ·
Its a Dodge! I think that the airlift bag on the rear of my truck at 5 lbs. lifts the rear enough to ride more on the bag and less on the springs. I know the shocks help!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.