Thinking bout buying a 2011 denali....need input!! - Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums

Home Forum Market Place Garage Lounge (2) Tuning Library DTC Tool Register Vendors
Go Back   Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums > The Information Place > Buying or Selling a Truck Questions
Register FAQ Forum Rules My Replies My Threads Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowAuto LoansInsurance

DieselPlace.com is the premier Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-10-2012, 07:16 PM   #1 (permalink)
Chevy Man Luke
Diesel Technician

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Thinking bout buying a 2011 denali....need input!!

So I found this 2011 GMC denali LML on ebay from a dealership in Arkansas. This truck is BEAUTIFUL I'm finally to the point where I can buy a nice duramax and this truck seems to fit the bill. Problem is this truck has an 8" lift with 37" tires. Also has a Black Max Programmer I've been told to be leery on buying trucks that have or had a programmer. The truck has bout 45,000 miles on it and one owner with a 100% clean carfax report. I plan on calling the dealership tomorrow and asking questions bout the truck and previous owner. They claim this truck is suppose to have $15,000 plus invested in it far as I can tell looks like most of it went into looks minus the programmer. My question is what would you do in this situation?

Thanks,
Luke
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-10-2012, 07:31 PM   #2 (permalink)
TOTHEMAX!
LT. Dan

Montana DP Member Club Member

DieselPlace.com Lifetime Premium Member

Just from the sounds of it someone modded it to show off and they probably rodded it.

Make sure the dealership in your area will honor the powertrain warranty with those modifications.

Also, try and find out why it was sold/traded in.

Former truck was a 03 Chevy 2500HD w/ Duramax
Offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-10-2012, 07:31 PM   #3 (permalink)
TOTHEMAX!
LT. Dan

Montana DP Member Club Member

DieselPlace.com Lifetime Premium Member

Moved thread to buying and selling.

Former truck was a 03 Chevy 2500HD w/ Duramax
Old 12-10-2012, 09:41 PM   #4 (permalink)
Doverarjim
Diesel Technician

Luke, do you know where the truck is in Arkansas? If it is close by I could take a up close look at it and see what information I can find out for you. Let me know if you want me to do this.
Old 12-10-2012, 10:28 PM   #5 (permalink)
Chevy Man Luke
Diesel Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doverarjim View Post
Luke, do you know where the truck is in Arkansas? If it is close by I could take a up close look at it and see what information I can find out for you. Let me know if you want me to do this.
Says the dealership is in Searcy Arkansas. Creekwood Motors is the name of the dealership I believe. Id would be extremely grateful if you would take a look at the truck if your close enough.
Old 12-11-2012, 03:29 PM   #6 (permalink)
thompsonracing
Diesel Fanatic

What is the MFG of the lift? Most of the lifts I see on trucks at dealerships are as cheap as they can get. If he has $15k into a lift and programmer, he bought some nice stuff. My guess is there are other things done to it.

The new Denallis are fantastic. My brother has a 2012 Dually and my mother has a 2013 single axle. Both fantastic.
SOLD!: '06 LBZ, ECSB, SLT, MPI Twins, Suncoast trans/converter/shafts, DSP5, Rob Coddins Tune, Fabtech lift with Dirt Logic Shocks, 40" Pro Comps, Suede interior, factory sunroof, Road Armor/Fab Fours bumpers, etc.

2008 Dodge Viper Roadster, Motons, Autoform rollbar, Suede interior, MGW shifter, Corsa Exhaust, etc.
Old 12-11-2012, 04:58 PM   #7 (permalink)
RedG
Diesel Master

iTrader Score: 1 reviews

If it's been programmed, it might also have been deleted (DPF, DEF system).
I guess you already know your warranty will be void and with an 8" lift, it'll be worthless for towing.
I'd keep looking......

STOLEN ON 03/01/12: 07 C3500 Classic Silverado LT CC Dually, HyperPac programmer, Trans Go Jr, EGR blocked and stuck, PCV Re-route, Diamond Eye 4" Quiet Tone front pipe w/MBRP 4" the rest of the way back, Bilsteins, Frederico sway bars, RDS 60 gal fuel tank/tool box combo, Fumoto drain valve, Frontier grille guard, Husky mud flaps all the way around, Kenwood DNX5120 Nav radio, upgraded cab mounts, MaxBrake controller, Nicktane FF Adapter, NO AMSOIL ANYWHERE.

2008 Jayco Designer 35RLTS 5th Wheel (39')
Member #22 of the OIL is OIL association.
Old 12-11-2012, 05:29 PM   #8 (permalink)
Chevy Man Luke
Diesel Technician

The lift is a fabtech. Figured the warranty would voided with the programmer. Far as I can tell what rose has been done he's got the taillights and headlights smoked, Bose sound system, some type of exhaust system. The seats are also two toned is this some custom work or is that a denalli thing?
Old 12-11-2012, 08:10 PM   #9 (permalink)
Doverarjim
Diesel Technician

Luke, I looked at that last night. I am about an hour and half away from there but if I go that way this weekend I will call him and take a look at it. If you have any questions let me know.
Old 12-11-2012, 08:20 PM   #10 (permalink)
RedG
Diesel Master

iTrader Score: 1 reviews

Here's a link:
http://www.creekwoodmotorcompany.com...-72143/4179652
Someone spent a lot of money on that truck.....

STOLEN ON 03/01/12: 07 C3500 Classic Silverado LT CC Dually, HyperPac programmer, Trans Go Jr, EGR blocked and stuck, PCV Re-route, Diamond Eye 4" Quiet Tone front pipe w/MBRP 4" the rest of the way back, Bilsteins, Frederico sway bars, RDS 60 gal fuel tank/tool box combo, Fumoto drain valve, Frontier grille guard, Husky mud flaps all the way around, Kenwood DNX5120 Nav radio, upgraded cab mounts, MaxBrake controller, Nicktane FF Adapter, NO AMSOIL ANYWHERE.

2008 Jayco Designer 35RLTS 5th Wheel (39')
Member #22 of the OIL is OIL association.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

PLEASE READ! You must check your email inbox for the confirmation link to complete registration. Please check your spam box if you do not see the email in your inbox.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.