My 2016 Colorado C.C. 4x4 2.8 Duramax review thread - Page 4 - Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums

Home Forum Market Place Garage Lounge (0) Tuning Library DTC Tool Register Vendors
Go Back   Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums > GM Diesel Engines > 2.8L Duramax
Register FAQ Forum Rules My Replies My Threads Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowAuto LoansInsurance Chat Room

2.8L Duramax Discuss the 2.8L Duramax diesel powered Chevy Colorado and GMC Canyon

DieselPlace.com is the premier Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree33Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-03-2016, 06:24 PM   #31 (permalink)
drperry
Diesel Starter

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by aka108 View Post
Like your new truck. The small D Max engine ought to be near bullet proof. I was down in Central America a few years ago and all the small GM truck were diesel so if it hold up there it should really hold up here.
It's probably not the same... GM slapped a Duramax sticker on the VM diesel. It's an updated version of what was in the diesel Jeep Liberty

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-24-2016, 10:17 AM   #32 (permalink)
Coolbreeze
Diesel Boss

Decisions, decisions. Not keen on an Italian built anything--- well maybe shotguns. Love my Benelli's.

Curious about these trucks . I do know one thing for sure is that the Nissan Titan is a joke of a truck . 55K for a 1/2 ton with a diesel. Clear to me know that a 1/2 ton diesel isn't a great market place. Your not getting that much better mileage, doesn't necessarily last that much longer until proven , and face it diesels are not cheap to maintain and maintenance is more expensive with a diesel.

Old 12-24-2016, 03:17 PM   #33 (permalink)
Aprilwine
Diesel Pro

iTrader Score: 2 reviews

Just read recently that the 2017 ZR2 has Eaton E-lockers front and rear, which is nice. Hopefully you will be able buy them in the aftermarket and they're not something exclusive to GM. This would be great for the guys that don't want a ZR2 but would like E-lockers in their regular Colorado/Canyon.

Eaton To Supply ELockers For Colorado ZR2 | GM Authority
Line-X Bedliner and Color Matched Rockers, Allison Deep Pan W/Suncoast Filter Lock, Transynd, Kennedy Lift Pumps W/Filter, Cognito Steering Braces & UCA's, Rare Parts Tie Rods, Bilstein 5100's, GM 6" Oval Side Steps sprayed with Line-X Aspart-X, Bushwacker OEM Flares, Nitto Terra Grapplers LT295/70R/18, Snugtop Canopy, Rigid Dually D2's, S&B CAI w/Cold Air Scoop & Donaldson
Powercore Filter, Edge Insight CTS, More to come, Hopefully.
Taupe Gray Metallic.

SOLD- My loaded up 02 2500 Suburban.
Offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2016, 02:06 PM   #34 (permalink)
drperry
Diesel Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aprilwine View Post
Just read recently that the 2017 ZR2 has Eaton E-lockers front and rear, which is nice. Hopefully you will be able buy them in the aftermarket and they're not something exclusive to GM. This would be great for the guys that don't want a ZR2 but would like E-lockers in their regular Colorado/Canyon.

Eaton To Supply ELockers For Colorado ZR2 | GM Authority
Eaton is usually pretty good about selling their stuff to everyone, not just OEM...
Old 12-31-2016, 04:11 PM   #35 (permalink)
CarolinaHD
Diesel Technician
Formerly 01silvyz71

NC Dmax's Member

So are they actually building the zr2?

03 LB7/ZF6 Cab and Chassis 11' flatbed
Old 12-31-2016, 04:22 PM   #36 (permalink)
Aprilwine
Diesel Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by drperry View Post
Eaton is usually pretty good about selling their stuff to everyone, not just OEM...

That's what I'm hoping for because I have one of these trucks on my radar and even though I love the ZR2 I'm probably going to go with a Z71. The ZR2 would be overkill for me.
Line-X Bedliner and Color Matched Rockers, Allison Deep Pan W/Suncoast Filter Lock, Transynd, Kennedy Lift Pumps W/Filter, Cognito Steering Braces & UCA's, Rare Parts Tie Rods, Bilstein 5100's, GM 6" Oval Side Steps sprayed with Line-X Aspart-X, Bushwacker OEM Flares, Nitto Terra Grapplers LT295/70R/18, Snugtop Canopy, Rigid Dually D2's, S&B CAI w/Cold Air Scoop & Donaldson
Taupe Gray Metallic.

Old 12-31-2016, 04:23 PM   #37 (permalink)
Aprilwine
Diesel Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaHD View Post
So are they actually building the zr2?

Last I've read they're supposed to be available in the Spring of 2017.
Taupe Gray Metallic.

Old 01-07-2017, 01:23 PM   #38 (permalink)
desertrat67
Heat Sink

The ZR2 will lose around 2000 pounds in towing ability. It is made fro the off-road market, not for towing/hauling anything.
Old 01-11-2017, 02:30 PM   #39 (permalink)
jon5212
Diesel Nut

INDP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolbreeze View Post
Decisions, decisions. Not keen on an Italian built anything--- well maybe shotguns. Love my Benelli's.

Curious about these trucks . I do know one thing for sure is that the Nissan Titan is a joke of a truck . 55K for a 1/2 ton with a diesel. Clear to me know that a 1/2 ton diesel isn't a great market place. Your not getting that much better mileage, doesn't necessarily last that much longer until proven , and face it diesels are not cheap to maintain and maintenance is more expensive with a diesel.
I've seen a lot of threads on the internet about people very unhappy about the Titan. And the Dodge is having lots of issues with their V6 diesel.

http://www.alligatorperformance.com/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

PLEASE READ! You must check your email inbox for the confirmation link to complete registration. Please check your spam box if you do not see the email in your inbox.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.