Diesel Place banner

LB7 Injector testing

LB7: 
5K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  Brent@LDS 
#1 ·
Hey Fellas what the best way to test for bad injectors. OBD II or Ohm meter or ???? If I take it do the dealer (I don't like this option) can they tell me which injectors to pull? I have a 2004 Duramax and she's puffing white smoke at idle and smokes like a freight train under a load. I have already tried cleaning them with Delco X66P and I even ran a couple bottles of Stanadyne direct feed into the injectors.

#3 ·
Hey Fellas what the best way to test for bad injectors. OBD II or Ohm meter or ???? If I take it do the dealer (I don't like this option) can they tell me which injectors to pull? I have a 2004 Duramax and she's puffing white smoke at idle and smokes like a freight train under a load. I have already tried cleaning them with Delco X66P and I even ran a couple bottles of Stanadyne direct feed into the injectors.
With the LB7 if you have the blue/white smoke at idle it is pretty much time for a set of 8 injectors and new supply lines. If you go back with the OE style injectors you will likely never break the cycle of the nozzle seep smoke.

#4 ·
With the LB7 if you have the blue/white smoke at idle it is pretty much time for a set of 8 injectors and new supply lines. If you go back with the OE style injectors you will likely never break the cycle of the nozzle seep smoke.
Mine needs injectors too...just started to go bad.

So what is a good replacement if you don't like the OE style?

#7 ·
The ones that we use are Bosch motorsports. Same mfr but with a nozzle that doesn't weep like the OE ones.

This is an issue that is unique to the LB7 injector nozzle type.
Thanks guys!

I`ll have to see what I can get up here in Canada!?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.