LB7 injector Flow rate IQA - Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums

Home Forum Market Place Garage Lounge (0) Tuning Library DTC Tool Register Vendors
Go Back   Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums > GM Diesel Engines > Duramax First Generation: 2001-2004 (LB7)
Register FAQ Forum Rules My Replies My Threads Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowAuto LoansInsurance

DieselPlace.com is the premier Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-11-2013, 12:57 PM   #1 (permalink)
Durarik
Diesel Enthusiast

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

LB7 injector Flow rate IQA

Going to replace injectors in a 2004 LB7. My question is this. Do I need to program the IQA numbers into the ECM on this year engine. I don't seem to find any mention of this until the 2006 model year. Done many gas engines, first diesel.

Thanks in advance

Last edited by D.Camilleri; 09-30-2013 at 09:42 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-11-2013, 02:01 PM   #2 (permalink)
THEFERMANATOR
Diesel Sr. Technical Member

No, there is no injector flow rate data to program into the 01-05 DELHI ECM's, that didn't start until 06 with the BOSCH ECM.
Old 09-11-2013, 04:01 PM   #3 (permalink)
Durarik
Diesel Enthusiast

Thank you for this information. I wondered why there was no mention of this, thanks again!
Offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-11-2013, 04:46 PM   #4 (permalink)
D.Camilleri
Diesel Master

iTrader Score: 1 reviews

DieselPlace.com Lifetime Premium Member

When doing your injectors, pay close attention to keeping everything extra clean, especially the high pressure lines, because they usually will have some rust built up on the outside of the threads and you don't want that debris contaminating your new injectors.
2002 Chevy Crewcab SB, Duramax, PPE excelerator Hot +2 ET level 10 , ppe boost valve,Fleece Performance Tap Shifter,Nictane adapter with big cat filter, secondary filtration with real big cat filter Full Transgo, Alto C-2's, Yukon Grizzly locker,12K milemarker hydraulic winch and custom bumper by me, CM steel flatbed with two custom fueltanks by me, 285/75/16 Nitto Trail Grappler on 16x8 Ultra Rogue Wheels
Online   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-11-2013, 07:10 PM   #5 (permalink)
Durarik
Diesel Enthusiast

Thanks for this good advice. Can you tell me at what point I should replace a fuel line? What would tell you the line is bad before re assembling to the engine. Is it safe to clean them with a solvent like brakleen or something similar ?

Thanks again !
Old 09-11-2013, 08:55 PM   #6 (permalink)
Tim01banksdmax
Diesel Enthusiast

If You go merchant automotives web site he has a injector cleaning procedure, its pretty good has it step by step and pictures.
2001 Silverado 2500HD CCSB, banks 6 gun w/ speedloader,water meth,MA 700 Trans built by me, banks big wastegate, magnaflow 4 in, banks ram air, air horn mod, one piece drive shaft, pump rub kit and t case brace,ATS co-pilot
Old 09-11-2013, 11:28 PM   #7 (permalink)
Brent@LDS
Supporting Vendor

iTrader Score: 3 reviews

DieselPlace.com Lifetime Premium Member

Do you have some pictures of your current lines to look at there condition?

......... Lincoln Diesel Specialties .........
Phone: 920-765-1615

Click here For,
LB7 Injector Install Instructions
Old 09-12-2013, 09:01 AM   #8 (permalink)
Durarik
Diesel Enthusiast

Sorry I don't have a photo to post. I will try to figure out how to do that. I can tell you that the lines are not yet off the engine. They are however in very good and clean condition. I don't find any corrosion or rust on the outside of the lines. I know that's not a predictor of the condition under the flange nut, but I am hopeful that they are ok to re use.
Old 09-30-2013, 06:28 PM   #9 (permalink)
Durarik
Diesel Enthusiast

The fuel line had a minimum of corrosion on them. I used a dremmel tool with a small brush to clean them. Re installed them and they seem to be working fine.
Old 10-01-2013, 12:00 PM   #10 (permalink)
cowboyjer
Diesel Technician

For all the work it takes to do injectors, I would replace the high pressure lines. Mine looked clean on the outside, but when I looked in the old injectors, they were filled with rust from removing the lines. I had 4 injectors replaced on the right bank at a shop. They did not replace the lines, and in 13 months, two tested bad already. I have talked to members who have had good luck cleaning them, but I decided not to take any chances.

Many of us would not think twice about spending 400 for an intake, or 700 for an exhaust which can be argued don't do much, but skimp on 5-600 for new high pressure lines when doing injectors. I'm hoping not to have to do injectors again for a long time.
RolNLock tonneau cover, Luverne SS running boards, Bilstein 5100 shocks,
Ultra Phantom aluminum wheels, Tahoe overhead console with Homelink,
Kenwood DDX 814 DVD Head Unit, Nictane adapter and Cat filter, Fass Platinum fuel system.

Pulling a 2004 CM Norstar 4 horse slant as fast as I want to go.

Member #489
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

PLEASE READ! You must check your email inbox for the confirmation link to complete registration. Please check your spam box if you do not see the email in your inbox.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.