Diesel Place banner

PENSACOLA FUEL INJECTION - Injector Install, Now Issues!!

10K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  TheBac 
#1 ·
I would like to know if anyone has had any experience with PENSACOLA FUEL INJECTION LB7 injectors, weather it be good or bad??

Here is my story, I recently replaced all 8 injectors in my 01 LB7 with injectors re-built by PENSACOLA FUEL INJECTION, when I started the truck it sounded like it had a cam, truck ran ok untill under load and popped the P0093 code, I then took my truck to Advance Diesel Technology in Arthurdale, WV these guys know their Duramax's and after checking rail and cp3 pressure they found it all to be very strong, they then checked balance rates, 1 injector was over 15% and 4 others were 2.5 to 4% over the base line of 0!!!!

PENSACOLA FUEL INJECTION told me to send back all 8 and they will test them and if it their error they will replace them, if they find it was a contamination error on my part then I will be responsible.

Let me know what you guys think.

Mike

#3 ·
Have never heard a good story about Pensacola Diesel.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

#4 ·
Do a search on here, Many folks have had a bad expirence with them.

I live just east of them and stopped by there a few years back and they gave me the nickel tour, and after more checking it seems they do what most other non Bosch places do, just clean them up and install new nozzles.

After many conversations with people on here, and after going back to PFI I decided to go with Bosch remans from Merchant Auto. I just read to many horror stories about this and other shops that do not have the correct equipment on doing a quality rebuild.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but that is what I found.

Also after speaking with PFI they said do not have that big of a problem, I told them I have heard otherwise, and I would be posting my findings on here.

And somewhere there is a thread with it, but I cannot find it..

#5 ·
Have not heard anything good about them. Don't know how it will all come out for you but in the future I would highly recommend kennedydiesel. John is a straight shooter and won't sell anything he doesn't trust on his own Duramax trucks. Hope you can get it all straightened out!

#6 · (Edited)
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.