Diesel Place banner

Talk about Luck......:)

LB7: 
3K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  Brimfield 
#1 ·
:)

Got tired of messing with my hard start problem.... did everything I could, checked for air leaks, bleeder valve, rebuilt the filter head, and the list goes on...
Talking to my son one day , he said one of his friends has a bud that works for a GMC Dealer as a diesel mechanic, my son makes the call, I'm always nervous when I take my truck to the Dealer ( stealer)...

Long story short, call and make an appointment I request this mechanic to the service writer, I tell him he's a friend of a friend,
bring the truck in... with in 30 minutes I get the news....
3 bad injectors.... one on one bank two on the other bank...
He talked to the service manger, and comes back and tell me they more and likely can get it covered, I may have to pay a little deductable..

an hour later a i get a call....

he's good news or bad news.... I say give me both:

Good news: GM will cover the repair they will replace all 8 injectors...

Bad news: I have to pay a small deductable ...( but I mean small compared to the job)

I said Okay...: I brought my truck back in there ... In a heart beat:

Okay my truck: 03 lbz, with less than 57,000 miles, and never touched except for glo plugs, dash gauge cluster, one trans shift solenoid, and tailgate cables: I do all my own services...except for the warranty stuff.

I read all the horror stories on here.... It's just a matter to find a good Dealer....

I was amazed.... I think even if the mechanic was not someone one I knew through friends, the results would have been the same... as he said that they have been getting them approved if the truck was un touched prior. I think that the dectuctable would have been much higher...

I am One Happy Camper.....:):):):):)

I post more when my truck is done.... with end resuluts....

See less See more
#2 ·
Wow, Im amazed that they could do anything being that the truck is way out of the 7 year extended warranty.

Do you mind me asking what the deductable is?

Hope everything goes well for ya, and try and send some of that luck this way. ;)

#3 ·
pm sent

#4 ·
Well I got the truck back today, I dropped it off monday and got it back wednsday and 130pm.

all 8 injectors replaced, plus the gaskets and more gaskets..and this and that.. #1 and #8 needed sleeves as they were stuck to the injectors upon removal , oil . filter. coolant. and fixed wires that w rat chewed as well. the parts list was one page long
they even fixed my seat without asking as it was running back when you pushed for it to go forward and visa versa...
they even washed the truck and put air in the tires...
I looked under the hood .. spotless and looks like it was never touched...
It's a good feeling to be impressed in today's world

on the paper work it stated that it was not done as warranty repair , was done soley as goodwill policy adjustment.

so if your truck has low mileage and never been touched for injectors , there a chance you can get them done for next to nothing.... I paid a very small deductable.. less than the cost of one injector.

My truck runs great... this dealer ship is a gem...

pm me if you want to know the name of the dealership

#5 ·
Congrats man you hit a home run

#6 ·
Congrats, man. We should all be so fortunate!

#7 ·
Yes , Kinda scored this time......

#8 ·
LB7 Talk about luck!

Too bad you are soooo far away! It is good it hear of the good stories.:D

#9 ·
We didn't fare quite as good

While in Florida in March of this year our '02 D/A started smoking pretty bad. 1,800 miles from home & not wanting to risk breaking down pulling a 12,000lb 5th wheel, I reluctantly took the truck to a Chevy dealer near the campground. Bad injectors! Service advisor said he would contact GM and see if they would cover some of the cost of injector replacement since the truck was so clean and had only 56,000 miles. I told my wife this would probably happen when pigs learned to fly after reading about all the trucks that were in warranty denied coverage, let alone a truck that was 3 years out of the 7 year warranty. Gm agreed to cover half the cost and were quoted $2500-$2800. Actual bill came to $2329.23. 8 injectors GM p/n 97729095, and all the associated seals, gaskets, and whatnot. New coolant, motor oil, oil filter, fuel filter. Truck and motor compartment were clean and I did not find one thing missing or out of place. Service advisor and service personel at this dealership were top notch. So, while we didn't make out as good as you cost wise, gecsr1, we feel that GM is making an effort to keep their customers happy.

#10 ·
Just an update...

My truck is running AWESOME....

Runs better than I can Remember.....

It's about 5 weeks after the injector replacement and Zero problems...

I love it when you just turn the key and it Fires Instantly.......off course I wait till the glo plug lite goes off....

#11 ·
Nine times out of ten your no start problems will be injectors.......I found that out....

#13 ·
No Not at all, My truck runs perfect....

#14 ·
Still running great... so nice to have a truck that starts.....

#15 ·
Still good.....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.