LB7: Bleeding Air on filter housing ? - Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums

Home Forum Market Place Garage Lounge (0) Tuning Library DTC Tool Register Vendors
Go Back   Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums > GM Diesel Engines > Duramax First Generation: 2001-2004 (LB7)
Register FAQ Forum Rules My Replies My Threads Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowAuto LoansInsurance

DieselPlace.com is the premier Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-16-2011, 12:15 PM   #1 (permalink)
gecsr1
Diesel Technician

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Bleeding Air on filter housing ?

Okay what's the proper procedure to bleed the air out of the filter housing.. I know it may seem like a dumb question but?

do you pump it up and they open bleeder then pump it once then close the bleeder before you re;ease it or?

do you open bleeder and pump or ?
'03 GMC Duramax /Allison CC, SB, 4X4, Banks Exhaust including head pipe, Banks Big Head , Hyper Tech Tuner, Airbags with Compressor, 285x75x16 BFGs on stocks alloy wheels, Hills Offroad Front Torsion Keys, Bilstien Schocks, Fifth Wheel Hitch. I love my Truck, I love my Truck.....

Last edited by gecsr1; 09-16-2011 at 12:16 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-16-2011, 12:18 PM   #2 (permalink)
Stangkiller
Diesel Head

There's a good video on YouTube that shows the process actually. When I changed mine, I pumped until fuel came out held the button down and put in the blessed screw with fuel coming out.
Offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-16-2011, 01:23 PM   #3 (permalink)
nsolimini
Diesel Fanatic

INDP Member

open the bleeder screw and pump away till fuel comes out of the hole

Sold2003 2500HD Ext cab LB7 4x4, EFI Live DSP5, PPE Boost Valve, Airdog 150, AEM HD intake, MBRP 5inch straight pipe, 20 inch eagle alloy 097, 33inch federal couragia mt
Old 09-16-2011, 02:05 PM   #4 (permalink)
gecsr1
Diesel Technician

Okay thanks.... Just wasn't sure you could pump it with teh plug out ... I thought that after you pushed the it down it would suck air on the release stroke ...so I guess not.

I rebuilt my filter assy and added a brass bleeder screw.. a while back ,,, and that solved my long crank start problem... but it seemed to come back... I just re bled the filter assy and upon loosing the bleeder it seemed loose. as the instructions said to just snug..but I guess after a while with the heat from the motor and possible contraction of the o ring it became loose. So I tighten it down really snug this time.. it seems to start normal now....

Thanks everyone for the input...
'03 GMC Duramax /Allison CC, SB, 4X4, Banks Exhaust including head pipe, Banks Big Head , Hyper Tech Tuner, Airbags with Compressor, 285x75x16 BFGs on stocks alloy wheels, Hills Offroad Front Torsion Keys, Bilstien Schocks, Fifth Wheel Hitch. I love my Truck, I love my Truck.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

PLEASE READ! You must check your email inbox for the confirmation link to complete registration. Please check your spam box if you do not see the email in your inbox.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.