Diesel Place banner

Can I rebuild my own injectors?

3K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  lbiffin 
#1 ·
This may or may not seem like a silly question. I am pretty mechanically inclined...well enough to replace my own injectors so what would be the challenge in rebuilding them myself?

#2 · (Edited)
This may or may not seem like a silly question. I am pretty mechanically inclined...well enough to replace my own injectors so what would be the challenge in rebuilding them myself?
The challenge is finding parts that bosch wont even sell to ANYONE in the first place.

and you need somewhere around $750,000 in tools and equipment to rebuild them.

If it was "easy" and "DIY" dont you think people would have already been doing it by now. ;)

ben

#3 ·
The challenge is finding parts that bosch wont even sell to ANYONE in the first place.

and you need somewhere around $750,000 in tools and equipment to rebuild them.

If it was "easy" and "DIY" dont you think people would have already been doing it by now. ;)

ben
I figured that would be the hard part..either parts or some special tool. I assumed it wasnt an easy task because as you said, there would be a DIY but I really just wanted to know why the average joe couldnt do it. That answers my question though, thank you :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.