Diesel Place banner

Trouble Code 193 High Fuel Rail Pressure

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  juliocsr25 
#1 ·
Had idle problem in the past. Lope and surge at stop. Truck started 1000 RPM surge. When driving with accelerator pedal pressed could only get 2000 RPM with no power. Changed fuel filter, truck still had 1000 RPM surge at idle then quit running and will not start. Any ideas?

#2 ·
Year and mods to the truck will help a bunch.

#3 · (Edited)
i havethe same problem

Had idle problem in the past. Lope and surge at stop. Truck started 1000 RPM surge. When driving with accelerator pedal pressed could only get 2000 RPM with no power. Changed fuel filter, truck still had 1000 RPM surge at idle then quit running and will not start. Any ideas?
i have the same problem on a realy cold day put a new filter fix the problem for a cuple weeks then got realy cold again and it did it again butt my truck stars again i hope some one can help my truck it's a 2001 chevy crew cab

#4 ·
If changing the fuel filter makes it better for a while, your problem could be some water in the bottom of your fuel tank. Do whatever it takes to remove the water. Drain tank, add 911, etc. Water settles to the bottom of the tank and will quickly plug a filter.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.