Diesel Place banner

2004 LB7 coolant slowly disappearing

908 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Jorday 
#1 ·
About every 3 months I get a low coolant light and have to top off the coolant tank. The truck has 63000 miles on it. This happened a couple of times when the truck was new, then it stopped for a couple of years. It started doing it up again this summer. Today was the third time i've had to add coolant to the truck since about July. It doesn't drip anywhere on the floor. I changed caps to make sure it wasn't a faulty pressure cap causing the problem, so maybe that will help.

You would think a leak this slow would be impossible to find. I'm not sure what to do. Maybe I shouldn't even worry about it unless it gets worse. Any ideas?

#3 ·
My 2c, my 01 Did the same thing, was the hose at the back of the turbo, I would lose enough to trip the light about every month. Mine did leave a trail on the pass side of the block down to the starter, that how I found it, starter took a crap. Might look just for the fun of it. Like Eric said, take in also.

#4 ·
I'll take it to the dealer and at least have it noted, and check the hose on the back of the turbo.

Thanks guys.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.