Diesel Place banner

Wiring diagrams

7K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Diesel_Day_Dreamin 
#1 ·
Looking for a wiring diagram for a 04 2500hd lly, I'm putting on a cab from a 03 1500 LT gas 5.3L. My main concern is the dash wiring, because of the extra accessories, such as on star, digital heater controller, transfercase, and a couple small things.

I have 2 complete trucks so I have all the parts needed, just short on info. My 04 duramax was just a LS option truck.

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated, and don't reply if you coment, is that it can't be done, anything can be done if you take the time to learn !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :grd:

#2 ·
It should be all plug and play if you just swap the entire cab over. You might have to keep your Duramax's original BCM and you'll have to use the Dmax's original instrument cluster. Otherwise I think everything is the same. Only forseeable problem I can think of is using the original Dmax BCM because it might not have control over LT-only options like seat heaters, memory seats, and a couple other things. I have a lot of the wiring diagrams, but I dont know if they would really help because everything will plug in except at the BCM where you might have the problem I mentioned above. PM me your email address and if you need any specific wiring charts. by the way, welcome to the Diesel Place!

--ben

#3 ·
I though of using the gas bcm, the diesel dash cluster, and I know the transfercase wiring and heater and different aswell.

How come you suggested using the bcm from the diesel?

#4 ·
you can try it, they probably arent different, but I bet there is different programming between the two, and you might need to program your Dmax's VIN into it. Otherwise radio and other Theftlock-activated electronics might wig out..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.