LLY: Ran very low on fuel put additive now lope - Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums

Home Forum Market Place Garage Lounge (0) Tuning Library DTC Tool Register Vendors
Go Back   Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums > GM Diesel Engines > Duramax Second Generation: 2004.5-2005 (LLY)
Register FAQ Forum Rules My Replies My Threads Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowAuto LoansInsurance

DieselPlace.com is the premier Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-16-2013, 02:26 AM   #1 (permalink)
KREEP
Diesel Technician

iTrader Score: 1 reviews

Ran very low on fuel put additive now lope

I ran the truck pretty low on fuel but couldnt have been too bad but anyway when i pulled up to the pump I put my partial can of seafoam in the tank then put about 10 gallons on top of that, At the front of my neighborhood i put it in neutral and gave it hell trying to blow out any crap existing inside and i reved it up a few time pretty hardcore. Now it has a lopey kind of idle and im just wondering if I ****ed something up or not. its like i can hear the turbo hissing and then it will rumble and get kinda lopey. IM just at a loss and dont know where to start . I installed an new fuel filter the other day and thats about it.
Hopefully someone can help me out.
4" straight exhaust,3" down pipe
4300k Hid's heads and fogs
Efi Live tuned by Ga Diesel
Edge Cts Insight
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-16-2013, 10:46 AM   #2 (permalink)
Lo-Buk
Diesel Master

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

1. don't free rev diesels. they don't like it.
2. it sounds like your turbo vane position is hunting at idle. which is pretty common.

UWUA AFL-CIO Local 1-2

'liLLY' 05 duramax 2500 CCSB 4X4-241,500 miles
Grade C's, ARP head studs, PPE Standard, Edge insight cts w/ EGT probe, Silverline 4" straight pipe (LOVE IT), 265 transforce, Bilstein 5100s , pcv rerouted, egr blocked, unplugged & bypassed, kitty delete, AFE turbo inlet, Reese wd/ anti sway hitch (cam style with trunion bars), 110 gallon aux fuel tank and a bunch of little stuff.

28' haulmark race trailer
20' mgs tilt bed open trailer
Offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-16-2013, 08:28 PM   #3 (permalink)
KREEP
Diesel Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lo-Buk View Post
1. don't free rev diesels. they don't like it.
2. it sounds like your turbo vane position is hunting at idle. which is pretty common.
They dont like a nuetral high rpm rev huh? Well Thats what I was doing right when it started but woke up this morning and tuned truck back to stock ran it all day like that then tuned her back to level 3 hasnt had a hiccup yet. Running great.
Edge Cts Insight
Old 02-16-2013, 08:36 PM   #4 (permalink)
KREEP
Diesel Technician

by the way why dont they like free revs and what does it do too them?
Edge Cts Insight
Old 02-16-2013, 09:34 PM   #5 (permalink)
Lo-Buk
Diesel Master

long stroke, heavy parts. bad plan.

UWUA AFL-CIO Local 1-2

'liLLY' 05 duramax 2500 CCSB 4X4-241,500 miles
Grade C's, ARP head studs, PPE Standard, Edge insight cts w/ EGT probe, Silverline 4" straight pipe (LOVE IT), 265 transforce, Bilstein 5100s , pcv rerouted, egr blocked, unplugged & bypassed, kitty delete, AFE turbo inlet, Reese wd/ anti sway hitch (cam style with trunion bars), 110 gallon aux fuel tank and a bunch of little stuff.

28' haulmark race trailer
20' mgs tilt bed open trailer
Old 02-16-2013, 11:58 PM   #6 (permalink)
D.Camilleri
Diesel Master

DieselPlace.com Lifetime Premium Member

The way I learned way back when is that no engine should be run wide open without a load on it. I can't say I have ever seen one blow up because of it, but that is the way I learned it.
2002 Chevy Crewcab SB, Duramax, PPE excelerator Hot +2 ET level 10 , ppe boost valve,Fleece Performance Tap Shifter,Nictane adapter with big cat filter, secondary filtration with real big cat filter Full Transgo, Alto C-2's, Yukon Grizzly locker,12K milemarker hydraulic winch and custom bumper by me, CM steel flatbed with two custom fueltanks by me, 285/75/16 Nitto Trail Grappler on 16x8 Ultra Rogue Wheels
Online   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-17-2013, 05:03 AM   #7 (permalink)
KREEP
Diesel Technician

That makes sense I was just curious if it was bad i figured it couldnt be good but I thought it would have some strange effects on a diesel. Like I said I had just done a lot of upgrades and run the truck low on fuel and put a good bit of fuel cleaner and figured I would rev it a few times and blow out any bad stuff clogged in there.
Edge Cts Insight
Old 02-17-2013, 05:03 AM   #8 (permalink)
KREEP
Diesel Technician

Also what is this I hear about running 2 stroke oil in the gas?
Edge Cts Insight
Old 02-17-2013, 08:23 AM   #9 (permalink)
smallliter
Diesel Enthusiast

i developed a lope and was told to put some 2 stroke oil in the tank. the lope did go away. i started adding a fuel additive (ams oil) and havent had to lope return
Old 02-17-2013, 07:30 PM   #10 (permalink)
k9duramax
Supporting Vendor

I personally would put something other than seafoam in as an "additive". If you want to use it for the occasional cleaner, not that big of a deal- but I would put some form of additive in that lubes the fuel as well..... There may have been enough seafoam in there to lightly hang up your regulator.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

PLEASE READ! You must check your email inbox for the confirmation link to complete registration. Please check your spam box if you do not see the email in your inbox.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.