Lly high idle with cruise control - Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums

Home Forum Market Place Garage Lounge (0) Tuning Library DTC Tool Register Vendors
Go Back   Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums > GM Diesel Engines > Duramax Second Generation: 2004.5-2005 (LLY)
Register FAQ Forum Rules My Replies My Threads Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowAuto LoansInsurance

DieselPlace.com is the premier Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-03-2012, 03:56 PM   #1 (permalink)
Smartins998
Diesel Enthusiast

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Lly high idle with cruise control

I have a buddy that want to install the high idle option on his truck but he doesn't have cruise control so how do we get the high idle option
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-03-2012, 07:11 PM   #2 (permalink)
slckeys
Diesel Head

I remember reading a post before where it was as simple as buying the turn signal lever that has the cruise control option on it. The wiring is already in the steering column so it's just plug and play.
Offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-03-2012, 07:18 PM   #3 (permalink)
slckeys
Diesel Head

seemed to have read your post wrong, thought you wanted cruise control. As far as getting high idle, I do not know....sorry.
Old 12-03-2012, 07:51 PM   #4 (permalink)
JC1843
Diesel Master

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to JC1843

The high idle can be added on a LLY-- the basic is you just provide 12 volt power to a certain terminal in the ECM, and use the Cruise controls to activate it, or set the speed. This is normally used to select speed for a PTO unit.

PPE sells a kit to do this. Also there is a thread with pictures in the DIY section.

You do need the cruise control unit though.

It is important to only have 12 volt power to the ECM terminal, when in Park or Neutral, or it will affect engine performance and driveability. [2000 RPM max]
2004.5 LLY - EC-LB- LT - 64 gallon Aero tank, CAI, de-badged, fender vents, MikeL-6 spd-Transgo, tow mirrors, gauges- Putnam XDR, shell, BU camera, Cabin Filters, GPS, Bluetooth, Sirius, PPE, LBZ-MP, studs, Head gaskets

Last edited by JC1843; 12-03-2012 at 07:53 PM.
Old 12-04-2012, 12:11 AM   #5 (permalink)
Smartins998
Diesel Enthusiast

Thanks
Old 12-04-2012, 09:20 PM   #6 (permalink)
Lo-Buk
Diesel Master

if he just wants it to wam the truck up in cold weather,
http://www.kennedydiesel.com/docs/El...LY_Duramax.cfm

UWUA AFL-CIO Local 1-2

'liLLY' 05 duramax 2500 CCSB 4X4-235,000 miles
Grade C's, ARP head studs, PPE Standard, Edge insight cts w/ EGT probe, Silverline 4" straight pipe (LOVE IT), 265 transforce, Bilstein 5100s , pcv rerouted, egr blocked, unplugged & bypassed, kitty delete, AFE turbo inlet, Reese wd/ anti sway hitch (cam style with trunion bars) and a bunch of little stuff.

28' haulmark race trailer
20' mgs tilt bed open trailer
Old 12-04-2012, 11:56 PM   #7 (permalink)
dirty_max04
Diesel Fanatic

learn something new everyday
Old 12-06-2012, 09:25 PM   #8 (permalink)
dirty_max04
Diesel Fanatic

ok, the other morning i went out and tried that factory elevated idle on the kennedy diesel page, and i cant figure out how to get it to stop. no whenever i go to start my truck and its cold out it will elevate the idle. almost got me in trouble at the gas station last night, it just all of a sudden went into high idle when i ran in to get a pizza and there was a cop inside giving me dirty looks. so the question is, how do i get it to stop? do i need to unhook the batteries?
Old 12-06-2012, 10:13 PM   #9 (permalink)
Lo-Buk
Diesel Master

If you do the same sequence to turn it on, it should turn it off.

UWUA AFL-CIO Local 1-2

'liLLY' 05 duramax 2500 CCSB 4X4-235,000 miles
Grade C's, ARP head studs, PPE Standard, Edge insight cts w/ EGT probe, Silverline 4" straight pipe (LOVE IT), 265 transforce, Bilstein 5100s , pcv rerouted, egr blocked, unplugged & bypassed, kitty delete, AFE turbo inlet, Reese wd/ anti sway hitch (cam style with trunion bars) and a bunch of little stuff.

28' haulmark race trailer
20' mgs tilt bed open trailer
Old 12-07-2012, 12:01 AM   #10 (permalink)
dirty_max04
Diesel Fanatic

ok, i havent tried anything yet but i figured i would ask while i was on here.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

PLEASE READ! You must check your email inbox for the confirmation link to complete registration. Please check your spam box if you do not see the email in your inbox.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.