what does LLY stand for - Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums

Home Forum Market Place Garage Lounge (0) Tuning Library DTC Tool Register Vendors
Go Back   Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums > GM Diesel Engines > Duramax Second Generation: 2004.5-2005 (LLY)
Register FAQ Forum Rules My Replies My Threads Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowAuto LoansInsurance

DieselPlace.com is the premier Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-17-2005, 02:42 PM   #1 (permalink)
trout74
Diesel Fanatic

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

what does LLY stand for

Yes im a newbie!!!

but what does LLY stand for?

also, anyone know what the rated miles to rebuild is?

is it 300K or 400K miles to a rebuild?

also what is the highest mileage that anyone has on these duramaxes?

thanks!!

Graham
Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-17-2005, 02:49 PM   #2 (permalink)
briano
Diesel Master

not sure what LLY stands for exactly..I think its just the build code for this particular engine. as for the other things.. just do a search, several threads on that stuff.

welcome aboard

LLY FAQ, Most Popular Tuner, Most Popular Exhaust, How to Search, Front Pipe Install,
Duramax Engine Pics, Front Pipe vs. Down Pipe Which Engine do I have?? Programmer Comparison Dual Electric Fan Install Online Manuals MBRP Powertube Install and Dyno "True" Downpipe Install

Please create a signature under User CP with year, make, and any mods. This will help us help you.
Offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 06-17-2005, 07:27 PM   #3 (permalink)
DURAtotheMAX
Diesel Laureate

LLY doesnt stand for anything specific, its just the RPO (regular production order) code that means "Duramax diesel engine". Just in the same way that AN3 means power front bucket seats, UC6 means 6 disc in dash cd changer radio and U2K means satellite radio...I am 99% positive there is no rhyme or reason to lableling RPO's.

The Duramax is technically rated by GM/Isuzu for a 200k mile TBO (airplane speak for Time Before Overhaul). Although that by no means says "the engine will blow up at 200001 miles". With good maintinence and care, many people have made their Duramax's go much further. I forget the guys name but there is a member here who has gotten something crazy like 500 or 600k miles on his Dmax's before he sold them (they were working fine when he sold them)!!! It seems he drives the around the world becuase he has a 2005 that already has ~120k miles! Time will tell what the general life is with these engines, because remmeber, they only came out in 2001...

---Ben

big thanks to...Eric @ Merchant Auto, Mike @ Inglewood Transmission, Guy @ SoCal Diesel, IdahoRob, Tim @ St. Joseph Diesel, RickDLance, McRat/team salad, BigDipper, Nathan @ MPI, Bobo/team twisted, Fingers, Tony @ RidgeRunner Diesel, EFILive
Old 06-18-2005, 02:02 AM   #4 (permalink)
David Schear
Diesel Technician

I think that you mean Gardnerteam

2002 2500HD D/A crew cab 4X4, Edge/attitude, 4" AFE exhaust, K&N intake, Rancho shocks, Ranch hand grill guard, Fumoto Valve. SOLD

1999 Honda Valkyrie 1500cc Black with alot of chrome. SOLD

"You can easily judge the character of others by how they treat those
who they think can do nothing for them".
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread