LLY Computer Reprogram - Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums

Home Forum Market Place Garage Lounge (1) Tuning Library DTC Tool Register Vendors
Go Back   Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums > GM Diesel Engines > Duramax Second Generation: 2004.5-2005 (LLY)
Register FAQ Forum Rules My Replies My Threads Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowAuto LoansInsurance

DieselPlace.com is the premier Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-30-2009, 11:10 PM   #1 (permalink)
WIMarine84
Diesel Fanatic

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Armed Forces Club Member

LLY Computer Reprogram

I would like to know if anybody would be willing to reprogram my ECM for the LLY conversion I did on my truck. I have a VIN number that matches my truck's equipment. Currently the ECM programming has no AC, radio locks out 2/3 times I start it, and my fuel gauge does not work. I just do not have a programmer that can do this. If there is anybody out there who would be willing to help me out? I live in Southern California, just south of Camp Pendleton. Thanks in advance.
Bullydog Power Pup Triple Dog On Tow/Econ

USMC Semper Fi
Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-30-2009, 11:56 PM   #2 (permalink)
briano
Diesel Master

a programmer can't do this... as far as I know.. only a Tech II can do it which is found at the dealer. there they scan it, look for updates, and reprogram it.

do you not have the LLY computer with the engine??

LLY FAQ, Most Popular Tuner, Most Popular Exhaust, How to Search, Front Pipe Install,
Duramax Engine Pics, Front Pipe vs. Down Pipe Which Engine do I have?? Programmer Comparison Dual Electric Fan Install Online Manuals MBRP Powertube Install and Dyno "True" Downpipe Install

Please create a signature under User CP with year, make, and any mods. This will help us help you.
Offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 07-31-2009, 12:00 AM   #3 (permalink)
way_out_there
Diesel Technician

Have you spoken to RickDLance at all?

He put an LLY into an original LB7 truck. There was a thread on here about it. He can probably best tell you what needs to be done.

265/75/16 "E" Revos, Tonneau Cover, Step Tubes, Bug Shield, Tekonsha Prodigy, Curt Magnum V5 Hitch, BD Manifold, Diamond Eye Downpipe, Silverline SS CAT Delete Pipe, Borla SS Exhaust, EGR Blocker, IOH, PCV Reroute
TXC Rad Mod V2 w/ Fan
TXC Fan Damn H.O.
TXC CAI

2008 Lund Tyee 1950 Gran Sport Deep V
225HP Mercury Optimax, Mercury 9.9HP 4-Stroke Pro Kicker, and all the goodies!
2003 Yamaha Grizzly 660
2- 1985 Honda 200-S Three Wheelers!
1998 Ski-Doo Formula 3 700 Triple
Old 08-03-2009, 03:14 AM   #4 (permalink)
WIMarine84
Diesel Fanatic

Armed Forces Club Member

RickDLance

Ricks guide is what I followed to do my work, along with much help from him. I need to have the 05 LLY ecm that I purchased reprogrammed to the C2500 Extended Cab Short bed 2wd LS package that my 2003 is. Otherwise not all my electronics work correctly. I have found a 2005 vin here that matches my equipment. My only question is, if I have a dealer reprogram my ECM to that vin, wont that show up in the GM dealership network under the service history? After all, I dont want to mess with somebody else's VIN/warranty by having the dealer reprogram mine to that number with my trucks mileage and have them enter that into the system. Make sense? That is why i need help from somebody out there.
Bullydog Power Pup Triple Dog On Tow/Econ

USMC Semper Fi
Old 08-03-2009, 07:31 AM   #5 (permalink)
hihosilver
Diesel Master

you might have to find a wreaked truck vin. or someone that has over 100000 miles thats out of warranty, mine is the LT but maybe someone closer
Advertisement

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread