Walmart SuperTech 15-40 oil - Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums

Home Forum Market Place Garage Lounge (2) Tuning Library DTC Tool Register Vendors
Go Back   Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums > GM Diesel Engines > Duramax Second Generation: 2004.5-2005 (LLY)
Register FAQ Forum Rules My Replies My Threads Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowAuto LoansInsurance

DieselPlace.com is the premier Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-11-2004, 08:21 PM   #1 (permalink)
screaminjlew
Diesel Technician

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

I was just at Walmart, and saw the 2 gal. jugs of SuperTech (Walmart brand) Diesel oil for $8.94 a jug! Does anybody use this brand of oil? I have been told that most store brand oils are made on the same assembly line as name brand..is this true? This is a good deal on a 2 gal. jug.

Please feel free to summit your input

thanx,

JLewEdited by: screaminjlew
R.I.P 7/9/04-2/5/10 2004.5 LLY 2500HD EXTCAB S/B D/A 4X4 Summit White, 4 inch MBRP cat-back exhaust, Autometer sport comp pyro & boost gauges, PCV Re-route, Kennedy Airbox Mod, Nasta SS Nerf Bars, Firestone Ride Rites Airbags, Fingerstick & blocker plate mods, Pedal spring mod, and All headlight mod

NEWEST ADDITION! 2006 GMC SLT LBZ CCSB 4x4 Blocked and fingeredMagnaflow 4 inch cat-back exhaust, Edge Evolution on level 1 or 2 depending on my mood (thanx distrbd!) 18" weld wheels, Toyo open country's, 4 inch tuff country lift, custom made s/s tie rod sleeves, snugtop shell, firestone ride-rites, s/s nerf bars,fumoto valve, All on headlight mod, and upgraded transmission cooler lines
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-12-2004, 01:01 AM   #2 (permalink)
coyotekid
Diesel Master

For all the oil info you could ever need and then some, I'd suggest looking at www.bobistheoilguy.com and go to the forums section. I've learned lots!

SuperTech oil is frequently discussed on this site. So far I'm under the impression that it's not the absolute best oil out there by any means, but it does surprisingly well for such a cheap oil. But this is just my interpretation.
Old 09-12-2004, 01:34 AM   #3 (permalink)
BuckeyeQuicky
Diesel Technician

I asked one of their wrench turners one time about Wal-Marts brand Super-Tech, and he told me he wouldn't use it in anything he owned because he said it was re manufactured oil, to be honest with you I have know idea if this guy was blowing smoke up my @ss, I know there are company's out there that collect used motor oil and re filter it and clean it up and sell it, as for me I don't think I would want to use it in my $48,000.00 truck, but like I said maybe the guy didn't even know what he was talking about, because I also notices they now sale a full synthetic Super-Tech for our diesels in gallon jugs.

Nearly 75 years ago, (When welfare was created) President Roosevelt said, "Lay down your shovels, set on your asses, and light up a Camel, because this is the Promised Land,"

Today, Obama has stolen your shovel, taxed your asses, raised the price of Camels and mortgaged the Promised Land.
Old 09-12-2004, 08:13 AM   #4 (permalink)
srode
Diesel Master

Send a message via MSN to srode

Quote:
Originally Posted by screaminjlew

I was just at Walmart, and saw the 2 gal. jugs of SuperTech (Walmart brand) Diesel oil for $8.94 a jug! Does anybody use this brand of oil? I have been told that most store brand oils are made on the same assembly line as name brand..is this true? This is a good deal on a 2 gal. jug.

Please feel free to summit your inpu

thanx,

JLew

It's a good price on 2 gallon jug of oil, but is it a good deal, that's the question that's more important. One of my basic beliefs in life is you don't get more than what you paid for. There's a good reason that oil is that much cheaper than others and there's also a good reason name brands aren't doing the same.

Personally, there is no way would I put that in my truck! Not worth saving the price of a couple burgers every 5000 miles to risk the life of my motor. There's lots of places to save in a budget if a person needs to, compromising the quality of maintenance supplies is too often "penny wise and pound foolish"

(also, for future reference, real men don't shop at Walmart!)Edited by: srode
2004 LB7 D/A Sierra 2500HD CC SB SLT 4X4 snug top, Rancho 9000 RSX, Nictane filter, homelink, 265 Revo 2s, Lux amp + TNR + 6 disc, Navtool & back up camera, Astrostart 2205A, high idle and heated seats from remote, All Headlights on modification
Other toys:1969 Camaro Pace car, 1969 Camaro Hard top, 2001 Ranger Reata 210 Fish n Ski
Old 09-12-2004, 08:22 AM   #5 (permalink)
Dmax Tim
Diesel Master

Midwest Smokers Member

We pay a little over $4.00/gal for rotella so I guess it's a bad oil too

Also run Case IH diesel oil (#1 I think) and get it for less than $4.00/gallon.

As for Walmart, I've heard some of there oil and other discount stores sell recycled oil

My sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Click HERE to complain about our rules.

Click HERE for FREE advice.
Old 09-12-2004, 08:28 AM   #6 (permalink)
srode
Diesel Master

Send a message via MSN to srode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmax Tim

That's a super deal, where do you find that price? Is it bulk?
2004 LB7 D/A Sierra 2500HD CC SB SLT 4X4 snug top, Rancho 9000 RSX, Nictane filter, homelink, 265 Revo 2s, Lux amp + TNR + 6 disc, Navtool & back up camera, Astrostart 2205A, high idle and heated seats from remote, All Headlights on modification
Other toys:1969 Camaro Pace car, 1969 Camaro Hard top, 2001 Ranger Reata 210 Fish n Ski
Old 09-12-2004, 10:03 AM   #7 (permalink)
GMC-2002-Dmax
Supporting Vendor

I am personally using MOBIL Delvac 1300 right now..........

Probably bite the bullet and switch to MOBIL Delvac 1 synthetic this winter........

I would steer away from off brand oils........JMHO

TNYEdited by: GMC-2002-Dmax

Custom ECM and TCM Tuning for 2001-2010 LB7, LLY, LBZ and LMM trucks, accessories and bundles available !
RRDP/COTN EFI-Live Sales
Old 09-12-2004, 01:12 PM   #8 (permalink)
Dmax Tim
Diesel Master

Midwest Smokers Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by srode
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmax Tim

That's a super deal, where do you find that price? Is it bulk?

Yes bulk, we have 275 gal. tanks w/ it.

My sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Click HERE to complain about our rules.

Click HERE for FREE advice.
Old 09-12-2004, 02:14 PM   #9 (permalink)
coyotekid
Diesel Master

Don't get me wrong, I'm certainly not going to use it anytime soon, if for no other reason than I absolutely hate WalMart. I wouldn't use it in my lawnmower, but some of the oil gurus think that it's actually quite good for the price.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread