Diesel Place banner

code P1781?

6K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  triablflamedmax 
#1 ·
I get a trouble code P1781 which I've done some reaserch on and can only find "engine torque signal circuit out of range". I will get the SES light only after the truck is warm, has been sitting for a few minutes to half an hour and then started back up. I usually clear the code with my predator programmer and no more SES light. The problem is intermittent. Anyone else having this problem or know of a fix?

2001 crew cab dmax 4x4.

#3 ·
There is updated programming for trucks setting that code, also make sure battery and charging system is in top shape.

Basically code sets when the ECM and the TCM dont 'wake up' togather on start up, if voltage is low, one module may power down during cranking from low voltage

#4 ·
In the stock setting or are you running the Predator when the SES occurs?

Mac

I am running the predator. The ses light used to come on from time to time before I had the predator to scan the code so I assume that it happened before I tuned the computer with the predator.

#5 ·
Hey thanks for the replies to my p1781 code! I went to the dealer today and they pulled up a service bulletin to the P1781 that requires Duramax and the 8.1L gasoline engines with the Allison automatic transmission to get a calibration update for the ECM and costs $49. The cause is Transmission control module--incorrect voltage level on mil request circuit. If it is still under warranty then it is no cost.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.