Diesel Place banner

Duramax Quadrasteer Suburban

17K views 47 replies 19 participants last post by  Kriesel 
#1 · (Edited)

Hello everybody. Here is my 2004 Quadrasteer Suburban. It just arrived at Eric's shop earlier today. Eric has agreed to keep us all entertained and updated on this project. He's ordering all the other goodies right now and his team should be starting on it I believe next week. Anyways I hope everybody enjoys this progress as much as I will!

See less See more
Reactions: grabowski
#2 ·
sub'd

#5 ·
off topic, but were did you get that bumper at hell I like that....is their a web site for it?

#6 · (Edited)
Plans (so far) are gonna be a lift pump, DSP5 tuning by duramaxtuner.com, 68mm turbo, 5in straight, and suncoast tranny. Eric said then they'll work on pulling everything they can out of that single CP3. When I get it there will be other mods going on like the high idle switch, maybe turbine brake, driverside exhaust manifold, t-case pump rub kit etc... They're doing all the hard work and I'm just doing clean up haha.

Yeah man I love it. It's a frontier. It doesn't stick out 2 feet like the ranch hands. Hand is for comparison of course.

I changed out the fog lights with projectors. They are alright and most of my lights are for show anyways haha, but I really want to get a 2003+ bumper with the bigger nice fog lights to be able to swap the bumper grilleguard and 03+ bumper as I please. Plus this will help shave weight and that's another plan I have. Will be pulling the third row, installing bucket seats if I can find some, leaving spare off around home town, and anything else I can think of and want to go with.

Photobucket is acting stupid right now, but as soon as I can i'll post a couple more pics.

#39 · (Edited)
#9 ·
Subscribed.......

#10 ·
Really like that bumper the diamond plate top filler is where its at. The straight tube bumpers I dont dig. I need to find something similar for my 94 someday. Ill be watching this project close I would like to see how this works. Greetings from Minnesota hope to make it back to your great state someday soon. :saluteusa:

#11 ·
Sub'd. Looks like it will be a great build.

#12 ·
Sorry guys I was a bit off on the build date, but I'm sure we aren't too far off now. Made a change since we started the build. Will be going with a conventional turbo. No worries about the vane position sensor or vanes sticking :)

#13 ·
Sorry for the delay guys. We are still waiting on the new turbo to be machined. The machine shop is behind on their schedule which pushes this turbo back. This is the only thing holding back the build. The turbo is going to be a 67.7mm turbo designed by duramaxtuner.

#15 ·
Any concerns with the new turbo making too much power for the Dana 60-based Quadrasteer rearend? I know Eric had reservations of anything beyond his Stage II kit as of Summer 2014.

-P.

#17 · (Edited)
He is getting the 11.5 ala-cart to swap in and out as he sees fit so Bob will tune it accordingly

The 67.7 should ship in the next few days!!

P.S. he pulled 800+HP out of it on the Dyno at the shop last week so its a monster!!

#18 ·
What Eric said. Number 5 on the dsp will be the big boy tune for the big boy rear end. Looking forward to the power that comes with that turbo and power to come in the future.

I'll be excited enough about this for a while to not break the bank (and engine down) as soon as i get it back. More time to save. Now i can see why people laugh at people that say they only want a couple of mods and then they'll stop....hahaha...

Reactions: 96Sub
#21 ·
YEA!!!!

The first Publicly available 67.7 DT Stealth has left the house!!

So the GreyGorilla will be going together next:thumb:

#23 ·
Those are 33" tires. 285/75 R17. No issues with the rear. Being a 9.75" rear diff with a 6.0L in front of it you can bet you don't have any issues with it. As far as steering goes it does well also.

The rear steering components are pretty bulky minus the tie rods, but the tie rods are on the back side instead of the front side. As with any other steering system i do not like to steer while sitting still. But even then there are no issues. The rear wheel steering motor is a brushless 45:1 ratio motor, so it does well.

#25 ·
Everyone likes photos right? Well since we seem to be moving forward now i'll go ahead and share a few that were sent to me. 5" exhaust. Big enough? Maybe...

Suncoast stage 6 built tranny.

"Lifted" Lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.