Diesel Place banner

6.2 Twin IP Twin Turbo w/6.5 heads

4K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  bondjames85 
#1 ·
I've got a ton of left over parts, so I'm going to try to "frankenstien" something together...

Its going to start with, what I believe to be, a 6.2 "red block" for bottom end. Scat crank, good pistons, proably some block filler, and twin turbos. Aside from the machine work, I've got most of the parts on my shelf. The block I got for free, the turbo was off of my parts truck, and I've got a ton of old 6.2 parts from here and there...

My initial plan is to do something like this:

I'll run one IP on top of the other, driven by a chain. TBD custom mounting brackets, then T-fittings spliced into the stock lines.

I plan on running a GM-5 fed inline into a GM-8.

No real plans on how I'm doing that, but I've got some ideas. I'm thinking a turbo on each side, Passenger side mostly stock, feeding into a tube that will go into a true "intercooler" before going into the GM-8 turbo mounted on the left bank, then feed into a second "aftercooler" before going into the intake...

I don't have any particular platform in mind, but I'm thinking that my old '75 Ford F250 would be an ideal canidate. How many 6.2/6.5 powered Fords have you seen???

I would love to shoot for a semi-reliable 350-400 hp in a head turning package.

I'm just in the R&D phase and trying to piece together parts. Look forward to more posts as summer turns to winter and I've got more time to spend in my newly heated shop... ;)

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.