Diesel Place banner

Reduced power mode, Then fuel filter display showed 94% to 0. said replace, then died

LML: 
30K views 30 replies 9 participants last post by  Dmax affair 
#1 ·
I was driving home Friday night and my new to me truck decided to have issues. It was running fine, then it started running funny and the message center displayed reduced power mode, then it went on to display the fuel filter at 0% and to replace, then just went dead. This all happened in a mile. I tried to prime the fuel to restart, no luck. Got her towed to my house as it is out of warranty with 107,000 miles on her. Went to get a filter at the GM dealer and talked toothier Diesel tech. He said it sounded to him like maybe the wif sensor and to replace it as well. They did not have one in stock so I had to buy a dormant replacement at Carquest. Took my old filter off, removed the wife from it and it looked different than the one from the original, well I assume it was the original. Placed it on the new OEM Delco Filter and installed on truck. Primed it and bleed it all off. No Start. Primed it again, no start. I did this several times, have not seen any fuel leaks, and it finally sputtered of for about 25 seconds and died again. It has not fired off again.
Is the primer plunger suppose to get really hard and not be able to press if it is primed correctly? As mine does not get real firm.
Any one else seen this happen?
Any help would be appreciated as I just made my first payment on this machine the day it acted up. Thx

#31 ·
Hunter, I'd be going after the dealer to cover the rest of the repairs. It would seem to me since GM has stepped up to cover a portion the dealer should do the right thing and cover the rest.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.