LML: P204F code then problems....Long explanation. - Page 3 - Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums

Home Forum Market Place Garage Lounge (3) Tuning Library DTC Tool Register Vendors
Go Back   Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums > GM Diesel Engines > Duramax Fifth Generation: 2011+ (LML)
Register FAQ Forum Rules My Replies My Threads Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowAuto LoansInsurance

DieselPlace.com is the premier Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-11-2013, 10:36 PM   #21 (permalink)
rob1
Diesel Fanatic

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

I've replaced a few tanks under warranty, for pumps, heaters etc. most times there is a listing for the part that specifically failed but it is unavailable so we end up putting in a tank.
Offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-12-2013, 09:05 AM   #22 (permalink)
DesertGMC
Diesel Technician

This is what I was trying to say in this thread. I bet more problems are related to the emissions system than all others combined.

http://www.dieselplace.com/forum/63-...liability.html

2007.5 GMC 2500 SLT CC LMM. Every Option but Nav. 4" Magnaflow Downpipe back. AFE 71-10101 Air Filter in stock box. Custom Tow Tune by MM Diesel Performance. Transgo JR
'SOLD'
Old 05-13-2013, 10:21 AM   #23 (permalink)
mastercraftka
Diesel Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGMC View Post
This is what I was trying to say in this thread. I bet more problems are related to the emissions system than all others combined.

http://www.dieselplace.com/forum/63-...liability.html
From what I have read on this forum I would agree. This is my 3rd duramax had on 01, 07 and now the 11. I bought it used with 33k on it and it now has 50k, I just experienced the DEF tank problem and I think the PO only replaced some injectors but I had to do that on my 01 as well. My 01 got the best MPG and the 07 was horrible on fuel diesel wen to $4/gal I traded it on a gas burner, went back tot he diesel last year, just can't get away from it. But the one that that worried me about buying this truck has happened and that is the DEF emission system. I would delete it but do not want to risk voiding the warranty. Otherwise I love the truck it has tons more power than the other two did. I just live in fear that it will leave me stranded in the middle of South Texas one day for the cartels to find me.
Old 05-14-2013, 02:49 PM   #24 (permalink)
mastercraftka
Diesel Head

I got it back from dealer, so far no light on. We will see what happens.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

PLEASE READ! You must check your email inbox for the confirmation link to complete registration. Please check your spam box if you do not see the email in your inbox.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.