LML: Factory Level LML Power Up - Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums

Home Forum Market Place Garage Lounge (3) Tuning Library DTC Tool Register Vendors
Go Back   Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums > GM Diesel Engines > Duramax Fifth Generation: 2011+ (LML)
Register FAQ Forum Rules My Replies My Threads Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowAuto LoansInsurance

DieselPlace.com is the premier Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-26-2011, 12:48 PM   #1 (permalink)
RMKing
Diesel Enthusiast

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Factory Level LML Power Up

Hey guy's first of all I just want to say hello as I'm new to the forums. Here's my question what's everyones thought's on the possibility of GM doing a factory level power up like Ford and Dodge now have as I read on pickup trucks.com that the new ally was engineered to handle upwards of 860 Ft pounds of tourque, just to keep up with the others in the numbers end of the game.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-26-2011, 01:44 PM   #2 (permalink)
jmrkav
Diesel Technician

I see that happening

Proudly made in America by UAW workers

Retrax cover (UPGRADED to a Retrax pro)-factory steps, factory chrome hood protector, factory mud flaps-a little chrome added here and there-fumoto-fuel filter access door-aluminum bleeder screw-T-Rex billet grill for bumper

Towing a 15000# 2004 37' Newmar Kountry Star fifth wheel

Member #916 of the Dually Club
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 01:52 PM   #3 (permalink)
heymccall
Diesel Laureate

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMKing View Post
Hey guy's first of all I just want to say hello as I'm new to the forums. Here's my question what's everyones thought's on the possibility of GM doing a factory level power up like Ford and Dodge now have as I read on pickup trucks.com that the new ally was engineered to handle upwards of 860 Ft pounds of tourque, just to keep up with the others in the numbers end of the game.

Not seeing that happen.....Tons of hours were put into the Dmax allison durability program to ensure just that, durability. We already know GM's stance on aftermarket power adders, so, a resounding, NO, GM will not endorse or offer any power upgrades to the LML engine package, ever. Later model years may see additional uprates, BUT, hardware will be changed to accomodate it, just as in previous iterations.

GM may have smaller numbers, BUT, they far higher engine/ transmission durability, and much better "real world" performance numbers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GetSome8.1HD
Its not like I said I enjoyed reading Good Housekeeping while taking a candle lit bubble bath then proceeding to using a loofah with exfoliating creams all while thinking about you . Now THAT would be creepy
Member #21 of the OiO association
Online   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 01:57 PM   #4 (permalink)
bartman
Diesel Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by heymccall View Post
Not seeing that happen.....Tons of hours were put into the Dmax allison durability program to ensure just that, durability. We already know GM's stance on aftermarket power adders, so, a resounding, NO, GM will not endorse or offer any power upgrades to the LML engine package, ever. Later model years may see additional uprates, BUT, hardware will be changed to accomodate it, just as in previous iterations.

GM may have smaller numbers, BUT, they far higher engine/ transmission durability, and much better "real world" performance numbers.
VERY WELL PUT!!!!! I couldnt agree more! The numbers games are just that...look at many of the real world comparos that have been performed and who fares the best. Is there really a need for 860 lb/ft of torque at the expense of durability? I think the current package is more than adequate!
2011 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab, Dually, 4x4, LTZ in summit white and cashmere interior. Nav, Sunroof, Power Sliding rear window, GM 6" Stainless Chrome steps, Line-X Liner, Vent Shades, Black Moleded mud flaps, 4300K HID low beams, 3000K HID Fogs, ISSPRO EV2 guages and holder on the way. GM Accessories Headrest DVD players.
Old 04-26-2011, 09:37 PM   #5 (permalink)
redwngr
Diesel Master

My bet is heymccall is correct, but it's possible (no matter how unlikely) that that completed the durability work at higher hp and torque levels than they released - so they can play the numbers game.
Old 04-26-2011, 09:41 PM   #6 (permalink)
heymccall
Diesel Laureate

I dunno....In the history of the Dmax, EVERY power increase came with new components, not just a reflash.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GetSome8.1HD
Its not like I said I enjoyed reading Good Housekeeping while taking a candle lit bubble bath then proceeding to using a loofah with exfoliating creams all while thinking about you . Now THAT would be creepy
Member #21 of the OiO association
Online   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 11:07 PM   #7 (permalink)
redwngr
Diesel Master

Quote:
I dunno....In the history of the Dmax, EVERY power increase came with new components, not just a reflash.
That's why I think you called it correctly....
Old 04-26-2011, 11:47 PM   #8 (permalink)
johnluke
Diesel Technician

iTrader Score: 1 reviews

I think I was reading on here that the current engine design is maxed out as far as power goes....maybe Ben will chime in as I think it was him talking about it.
Old 04-26-2011, 11:48 PM   #9 (permalink)
Max Power
Diesel Laureate

iTrader Score: 3 reviews

Quote:
Except 06 (LLY -> LBZ)

2011 F250 Lariat 6.7L - Sold

2009 GMC Crew Cab, Short Box SLT LMM - Sold
04.5 GMC 2500HD LLY Carbon Metallic - Sold
2003 GMC 2500HD LB7 White - Sold
Old 04-26-2011, 11:59 PM   #10 (permalink)
BeatriceLML
Diesel Fanatic

Ya don't see much of that happening. Numbers are numbers, but when it comes to putting power to the ground and real world numbers, the Dmax is the champ. And for the record, Ram did a lot of hardware changes to the 6.7 to bump the TQ. to 800, Ford is the only corp. I've seen that just ups the number to be the leader on paper even though the performance comes nowhere close to the claims.

2005 LLY Dirty/Alli 3500HD LS 4X4 ECLB
-PPE 90HP/160TQ Tune, Air Box Mod, LBZ Mouthpiece, Blocked Resonator, PCV Reroute, EGR Blocker Plate and Fingerstick (YF-5 emissions truck, FU CA).

2007 Classic 2500HD LBZ LT 4X4 CCSB only 29K Miles.
- So Far PCV Reroute, Resonator Blocked, EGR Blocked, EFI Spade=>Jack
Sponsored Links
Advertisement