Diesel Place banner

tug with a/c

821 views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  Tarizza 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi, sorry for my english, I write from Italy...

I have 1997 Tahoe 6,5 diesel.

I have a problem, in normal run the truck work good.
When I turn on cruise control in the truck tug light...
When I turn on a/c compressor in 4th gear (lockup) the truck tug light..

I have new a/c compressor and the system work (good cold), have a new diesel fuel filter (no water in diesel fuel), have a new inline fuel pump under the truck, but I have this tug problem in speed 4th gear.

Can you help me?

Thanks!

#3 ·
Since the tug happens when cruise or ac is on, I suspect ground wire issues.
The wires attached to the intake mount bolts may be dirty. Take them off and wire brush the connection

#4 ·
tug it's "shaker" , non linear run, It' s only when I on a/c compressor or use cruise control...

It's normal as the a/c consumes horsepower to operate the system, but not so much...
in little car with 1,4 liters engine no have this problem with a/c.

#5 ·
I think he is having "fishbiting"? I would check the grounds for sure

#6 ·
fishbiting can be from a LOT of things...

verify the lift pump is operating. open the water drain valve on the front of the motor and verify fuel is flowing out of it when the engine is running.

#7 ·
linear = consistent, coherent, logical

The best google can do for this translation.

so, non linear would be non coherent running LOL

I think its fishbiting on him. I wounder if we can transalte the stickys to Italian

#8 · (Edited)
suona come un problema elettrico , ma in primo luogo provare ad aprire la valvola di t- off il filtro del carburante per vedere se il camion rimane in esecuzione .

sounds like an electrical issue but first try opening the t-valve off the fuel filter to see if the truck stays running.

Reactions: skywarren
#9 ·
Ciao ti prego di perdonare il mio uso di Google Translate. Come dicono gli altri vorrei controllare in primo luogo i motivi in quanto possono causare tutta una serie di difficoltà. C'è un motivo in particolare che è collegato al parafango vicino alla batteria lato destro che può essere facilmente estratto sciolto e non notato. (questo è successo a me)

E 'pulito per sapere che c'è un 6,5 ancora in esecuzione da qualche parte in Italia, mi domando quanti altri sono sparsi in tutto il mondo. Buona fortuna per avere questo problema risolto.

-------------------------------------------------
Hello please forgive my use of google translate. Like others are saying i would check the grounds first as they can cause all sorts of trouble. There is one ground in particular that is attached to the fender near the right side battery that can easily be pulled loose and not noticed. (this happened to me)

It's neat to know there is a 6.5 still running somewhere in Italy, makes me wonder how many others are scattered around the world. Good luck getting this problem fixed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.