Diesel Place banner

If your brake hoses are older than 6 years...

2K views 15 replies 7 participants last post by  ForeverFalcon40 
#1 ·
http://www.dieselplace.com/forum/7539649-post34.html

I'm just saying... They are important, and easy to change, and cheap! :whistle:

They can do some random things when they fail...

Fresh brake fluid every two years is also warranted for a trouble free braking experience :coolnana:

#2 ·
6 years? What are they making them out of tires now? Seems like that stuff used to get you at least 10-15.

Reactions: floyd400
#4 ·
I think I've read somewhere along the way that some folks went with the stainless steel lines from summitt. Supposedly they flex less and provide a firmer pedal feel.

#5 · (Edited)
Just had one blow on me a few weeks ago. Cheap part but a bit hard to locate for the 2wd dually one ton as it seems specific to that model. Cheap, but had to wait a day to get it. Cost me a caliper as well as the bleeder was rusted and seized beyond hope.

The ABS unit is a PITA to bleed when you get air in it...took a while to finally get my pedal back after replacing the hose.

#6 ·
Oh. They will likely last 10 years, but if not, they can strand you or cause a no brakes situation. ... I'm on the 6 year clock now....

#7 ·
YOU are telling me!

I just purchased a 96 GMC K3500 that the previous owner failed to tell me was sitting for quite some time. Said it needed a rear brake job, well it needed a complete overhaul. Truck is on jack stands, waiting for Goodridge SS lines to come in and than once those are installed I need to replace the hard flex line that runs parallel to rear axle to each wheel cylinder. I am going to try this NICO tube which is better than stainless and easier to bend. Cheap IMO. GRRRR

#8 ·
I have been looking for stainless braided lines for my flex hose's, but have not found any application for the 3500 dual wheel. If any one comes across any place that offers them, please let me know.

#9 ·
#10 ·
GOODRIDGE Makes a kit for K3500

Mvpauto sells it on EBay

Kit number is 14121

I got in touch with MVP and settled outside of eBay for $88 shipped

#13 ·
Same body style, safe to say same truck. Bet all of our parts match up on RA.com

#16 ·
Any luck? Just got my SS lines and looking good. Hopefully installing them Saturday. I dont have a tech2 so, I will see how the pedal is after we bleed em.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.