Diesel Place banner

Let's see those 6.5s doing work!

63K views 316 replies 101 participants last post by  Tommygunner 
#1 ·
Got the idea from my other thread, let's see some pics of your 6.5s pulling, hauling, etc etc! :HiHi:

I'll start it off with some recent pics.

See less See more
#7 ·
A little firewood action

Attachments

#9 ·

#11 ·
This is why I have the truck

Attachments

#14 ·
ole Girl still pushes snow mountains

Attachments

#15 ·
Great topic... now I gotta photograph the truck in various stages of work...

Reactions: 90GMC62L
#16 ·
First is dad's truck, 94 3500, truck has towed 30,000 pounds of soy beans plus there wagon. Did know the weight just was asked to tow it. Never again will that happen. Truck didn't act like it was that kind of weight. Last ones are my 95 non turbo half ton. It's drug home 2 tractors and 2 impliment here lately.

Attachments

#18 ·
mind if a ol 6.2 joins in? (its got a bit of 6.5 parts on it)

1 pallet of barn lime 2400 lbs

here is a pic just to show how much the lift springs squatted

#20 ·
Unfortunately I no longer have this truck but when I did, I worked it.

DAAAAAAAAAMMMMM!!!

that last pic is a HAUL to be sure! no hills I hope!:popcorn:

Reactions: JorgeNY
#22 ·
Little jog with with my newest toy on the 42ft gooseneck

Attachments

#24 ·
Surprisingly my stock cooling system handles heavy hauls and hills without issue. It's touched 210 a few times but only when it's 85+F and pulling big hills. I've hauled 8500lbs in 75 degree weather without hardly any movement from the temp gauge.

Reactions: JorgeNY
#25 ·
Fresh off the pulling the Peterbilt and a new main pulley, balancer, and seal:mad:, 6 pallets of stone for a foreclosure flip!

Attachments

Reactions: 90GMC62L
#26 ·
Looking good guys! Keep em coming! :HiHi:

#27 ·
This counts!

Attachments

#28 ·
Getting ready to go to work count?

IIRC, I was stuck (black stuff on trailer was asphalt and tire!) and asked the wife to drag her overloaded fat ass to the cleared main street with her baby ram. Wife thought it so funny, she snap this pic to share with our daughter who was in warm and sunny Tampa Bay at the time... them biotchs.. :hehe:

Attachments

#29 ·
Heres my K1500 loaded up and ready for fun.

Reactions: CheckTheGrounds
#30 · (Edited)
One of my favorite looking loads ever hauled with it....even though the trailer was a a bit of a nightmare...long story:

IMG_0209.JPG by Mark Morissette, on Flickr

Longest load ever hauled with it (74'):

Untitled by Mark Morissette, on Flickr

Heaviest thing I've hauled with it (Between 15-20K loaded depending on the breed of horses onboard)..and what I haul regularly now:

IMG_3548 by Mark Morissette, on Flickr

#31 · (Edited)
First trip with a trailer on the new clutch. 250 mile round trip. Didn't run two trucks all the way. Only the last 10 miles back from Longhorns.

Attachments

#32 · (Edited by Moderator)
Does a video count? I took a short video of me hauling a load in our C3500HD truck at work this week. The truck weighs 10k sitting their empty since it has a hydraulic dump bed. I had it loaded down with mulch, im going to assume 6-7k pounds, so gross weight should have been 16-17k pounds. Not a light load. The truck has 4.63 gears and the 19.5" wheels. Its totally stock aside from a heath injection pump and PMD. Its a pretty decent grade and its long enough to slow you down pretty good if you are loaded heavy enough, but I thought the 6.5 handled it very well. These engines are much more capable than most people give them credit for. They aren't torque monsters but they have a very linear power band.

I did hit the hill in 3rd gear with the converter locked because I knew it would downgear anyway, plus ive always felt like these engines like to rev. They are smooth in the higher RPM's. Went back to O/D once I crested the hill.

#33 ·
^^ nice!

Reactions: Cumminsdriver