Diesel Place banner

Heath diesel big problem HELP!!

14K views 88 replies 23 participants last post by  Diaric 
#1 ·
Hi guys... first post and from the UK so bear with me lol!!

I have just brought our 97 C3500 dually 6.5, well two months ago... was so gutted on its terrible performance as I'd previously owned a 99 F350 7.3 which I tuned a little, I had to research a bit as support seems lacking too.

Anyway story short as possible, I ended up at Heath diesel's site and went about ordering $900.00 worth of stuff
Basically
Max-E-Torx $549.00
HD Fuel lift pump $129.00

GM96 Boost Cont $129.00 plus $85 shipping...

Spoke to a Joe, who was really helpful and quick to reply, that was until payment.. I rung Heath got Joe again.. did the deal and paid on card, he said he would mail me to state payment had gone through, but I checked my end and sure enough money was gone.. but since this time I've not heard from Joe or Heath diesel, even after trying 4 times now...

I've even said we are now very concerned and contacting card supplier tomorrow but still nothing.

Since then I've ordered stuff for my Trans-am elsewhere which has since arrived and been fitted....

So my question, is Heath a decent company?? have people been ripped off before, I thought and read they where known for great customer service and excellent products, but boy UK customer service bearly exists but heck this Heath company seem to really suck..

I mean its either I've been outright robbed or point blank ignored or the company has vanished off the face of the earth....

Crazy as my next stage of mods reach the same price again... cooling upgrades, PMD isolator, etc

Can people reccommend another company I can use and trust... for this and what seems to be the original stuff being reordered once I recover from losing almost $1,000.00 what a CRAP start to the new year....

Oh on a side note I paid with a Mastercard which is supplied via Paypal and takes money straight from my paypal balance.. so really crippling us especially as we have young kids and I'm ill with M.E/cfs and cronic back issues... so no endless pot of cash.

Sorry its a little long.. but we are stressing hard

See less See more
#40 ·
Well with fear of being called whiney and over reacting STILL NO NEWS from Heath..

No comms whatsoever, Excluding the forced reply I got after Racer55 contacted them..

Personally I think (and its only my thoughts) there seems to be a hidden side to Heath which is brushed under the carpet, so to speak, it also seems people have had issues (going on PM's recieved) but don't wish to make too much noise in fear of becoming an outsider here.... so drink that Kool-aid we speak of.. well I can't get Kool-aid in the UK and besides I like Root Beer ;-)

Sadly getting money back from card does not seem possible after talking to them, so 16 days into 2013, still $1,000.00 out of pocket, still no REAL news, still a slow ass truck and unable to afford to buy it all again elsewhere....

Lesson learned though.. do not be a sheep.. e.g ONLY reason I used Heath was because soooo many people have the name in there sig as part of there upgrades.

Oh and the lack of core excuse I don't buy... like someone has said there is a ready supply if they want and there is enough profit to be made still

#41 ·
#44 ·
...So as far as communication,it is on going by their word and the customer is quite happy with the correspondence?
I guess that answers the question of whether anybody at Heath follows this forum or worries about their reputation on this newfangled Internet thingie people sometimes talk about. :( ~FH

#43 · (Edited)
Since my name has been mentioned in this thread:

The card does not get charged here until the order is packed and ready to ship. And core ECM's are not always available as I sometimes get too lazy to source for them, but seldom more than 2 days away.

I will whole heartedly admit that my demeanor is nowhere near as sweet as some, but I make up for that with blunt honesty and no BS.

#45 ·
Dealing with site sponsors here is encouraged before all else,at least on my end whenever there is an overlap on products.

Vendors like you help keep the lights on here and should be the go-to suppliers first and foremost for the people who appreciate the forum,when competitive IMHO.

#49 ·
X3 all the above. John talked me OUT of buying an IP from him once because he spent a few minutes on the phone with me diagnosing my issue - he insisted it was something else, and sure enough, it was.

I had my credit card in hand and was ready to drop $1K, and he told me I didn't need his parts. There's a good businessman for ya. ;)

The parts I bought previously from him (injectors) are still going strong to this day, as well, although they're going to need new nozzles soon - lots and lots of hard miles!

#50 ·
This is the 6.5L tech section! I believe there are other places for vendor discussions, forum operations. Maybe this thread is in the wrong place????

#52 ·
Giving good and factual testimony about dealing with a vendor, especially a site sponsored vendor is relevant when choosing a product.

It looks like a few of the posts are leaning quite close to vendor bashing against both.

No need to get into that kinda stuff here...

#53 ·
Hey Tannerjpowell sorry if you feel this was in the wrong section? personally I don't think it was as I was originally asking who is best to source tech upgrades as I was having unexpected issues with a what I thought was the best and safest route for said upgrades, I was also asking if people have had issues previously with Heath.

Maybe I'm stupid but I can not see any uncalled for vendor bashing, yes I'm bashing Heath maybe but hey, not without valid reason and a few people have commented they "Heath" are not perfect due to past experiance surely people have a right to say what they think and have experianced with vendors..
I was worried sick I'd lost money which I could bearly afford in the first placeand most of these guys were understanding and helpful which I'm very grateful for..
Without the help I honestly think I'd be no further forward with outstanding order.

I saw Racer55'S comment "I just made another call to Heaths and was informed that they are currently exchanging E-mails about the matter?

So as far as communication,it is on going by their word and the customer is quite happy with the correspondence?"

I was like eh? then minutes later I got an e-mail from Heath saying my order has been shipped!! and to expect it in the next 3-4 days.... to me it appears assisted by Racer55 and the Diesel Place forum.

This is good news, but I'm far from happy like they say... so much so I'll not be returning my core for the $200 credit and will be going to Kennedy diesel for my High cap water pump kit, Fan upgrade, FSD cooler kit and e-bay for the down pipe and cross over upgrade, blunt honesty and no BS sounds fantastic.

So due to honest comments from members I have learned a lot and in turn very grateful to the people that assisted me in this headache... I also have a couple of links for future orders...

So again a big THANK YOU!! to all concerned and I will update once the package arrives, personally I'll not celebrate until I've opened said package...

#54 ·
Don't mind me SVUK. You have every right to be concerned and your original post was well placed.

Please forgive my posting.

#58 ·
I have never had any issue with Heath and when I got stuck on something and all the "forum experts" were throwing out wrong information, Bill nailed it every time. He is a very busy guy and spends 90% of his day on the phone helping people. Emailing is a waste of time and he will tell you that himself. Just call and expect to have to call a few times. it's a small inconvenience for the help he has given me over the years. I know him on a first name basis and he is one of the most honorable vendors out there. Can you buy somethings cheaper elsewhere ? yep but when your stuck and can't figure it out....Rockauto or some fly by night Ebayer is not gonna get you going so it's worth throwing some business his way IMHO.

#59 ·
Well said Aces.

If it is important, give a call. a phone call ranks highest in importance. Texts and e-mails are lower on the totem pole.

and why are comparing the top two 6.5L vendors against each other? it should be Heath and Kennedy vs. SS diesel! :D

#63 · (Edited)
Well said Aces.

If it is important, give a call. a phone call ranks highest in importance. Texts and e-mails are lower on the totem pole.

and why are comparing the top two 6.5L vendors against each other? it should be Heath and Kennedy vs. SS diesel! :D
Yes Ace, well said. Kennedy bailed me out over the phone and with the right parts in 2008 and, had I not met and made friends with Bill on the Salt Flats in 2009 (and ended up being his crew chief)....

But John is a site sponsor, and he's often on here for the members. From my short experiences and the experiences posted by otheres, he is top notch and has proven his knowledge time and time again in competitions.

Walt's record speaks for itself...:rolleyes:

#62 ·
I wouldn't say it is a comparison,both are respected and only 1 is a site sponsor.
They just both got mention in the same thread.

As for the other vendor mentioned-he has his own forum with lots of KOOL AID!

but he is still very much sane compared to the engineering excellence of a certain steak sauce themed company. :D

#65 ·
ShaneVanessaUK,

Do not believe for a moment that you are an outcast on this forum! It's simply not true.

There's a general tendency to have a bit too much expression of opinion and venting while discussing technical details.

The important thing to remember is that everyone is acting based on their own experiences. They have won't have the same reaction to a given situation as you or I or another person might have. That's OK though!

Again, you're not an outcast! When I asked you to forgive me in my prior post, I meant it genuinely.

The purpose for my posting was not meant to be against you.

In regards to you chip, if you're willing to accept some sound advice; I would return the chip and retrieve your $200 core charge, as the value of the chip should you decide to sell it is less than $200 and it sounds as though the money would be better off in your hand than Bill's.

If you're not interested in that, perhaps you could inform Bill that I would be willing to send him a working stock chip for $200 in place of your chip? :D

Don't take the comments on this forum very personally, especially if they are negative. There's no face to face communication here and it makes things lopsided. In this short life, it's not worth it to store up bitterness and resentment. Let it go. Make choices that are meant in your best interest, and not meant to be against the best interests of others.

Good luck to you in whatever you choose and God bless you.

#67 ·
That ruins everything!

I thought it would be a nice surprise when his $200 arrived and he still had the stock ECM...

#68 ·
Online forums are unique beasts. People register with what ever info they want. They seldom put their real name. Their choice of words (or lack of choice) can be interpreted differently. There is no body language, or tone of voice one can aid in interpreting the "words" wrote on the screen (or email, if like the Yahoo groups). :eek: Some may profess to be "professionals" when not. I have noticed this between the many, may forums that I go to visit in many different subject areas. There are people that are genuine, and then there are ...... questionable.

Please don't take the above comments as being toward anyone. It is just a statement to cover my experiences from different forums on threads that I have read. (New members or low post count people tend to be looked at skeptically by "regulars". Unless certain people have actually met and know the other members.) (By the way, my 'nickname' of "VanBoy", I only have used on just a handful of forums in the last few years. My other handle, I have used more often and goes back to 2001 on some forums and online auctions. I wanted to change to something different....). :D

#70 ·
One more thing to add is that we have to be less sensitive and not easily offended.

If a small remark from member will get you offended better not ask anything or suggest anything.

As a standard disclaimer: "Please don't take the above comments as being toward anyone".

#72 ·
Shane,
I wish you the best and hope you're able to fully recover if thats possible. Memory issues have got to be frightening as hell. I haven't as yet researched the issue you've mentioned, haven't heard of it before.
You didn't know that someone donated an ECM core to get you moving forward so the 'spite another member' was pre-mature and, I'll admit in hind sight, out of line.
But, in my honest opinion, you're not doing yourself any favors by hanging on to a $200 core worth only $109 on RockAuto and about $150 on eBay. Let it go, get your Pounds back and help someone else keep their project moving forward too, regardless of sending it directly to them or to Heath. I'd rather you sent it to Heath and did yourself the favor and got the money and the issue behind you. Hanging on to it only hurts you in the long run from a monitary and emotional stand point.
Hopefully you're able to get the help you need and the UK's health system is better than the press it gets.
Paul

#73 ·
PM Sent.

#74 ·
Why not get your flash from Kojo. I think he is over in your neck of the woods. You might be better off.

#75 ·
Hey ace, yes I did hear about Kojo, but found so little info on them and only info and puchase options via USA stores, I think Kojo is in Finland.

Besides, although nothing yet Heath state they have already dispatched, so relistically this time next week I'll be a little happier.

Thanks for the post though as I just googled them I found Walkin J designs page with info on that Feed the beast mod which previously I didn't really understand what it was :)

to the other members regarding the $200 core credit... its not that I want to keep the original unit, far from it (although I guess I get the option to remove if I sell truck in the future) the $200 credit would be most helpful... BUT I've had such a poor and stressful experiance with Heath.. surely I'd be crazy to put myself right back into possibly the same situation again... hope people can understand where I'm coming from

#76 · (Edited)
Shane, WRT the core deposit, I hope this is a missunderstanding. If you don't mind my asking, did you pay the cost of the PCM + 200 core deposit for a total of around $750?
If so, that $200 dollar "credit" you're refering is not a credit towards future purchases, its sent back to your card once your old PCM is recieved by the seller. Even the PCMs Rock Auto markets charge core deposits, which are refundable to the customer, not held as a store credit.

As to Heath's, it clearly states "Refundable Core Deposit ( +$200.00 )" on their web page.

Hope this helps.

#77 ·
Shane, WRT the core deposit, I hope this is a missunderstanding. If you don't mind my asking, did you pay the cost of the PCM + 200 core deposit for a total of around $750?
If so, that $200 dollar "credit" you're refering is not a credit towards future purchases, its sent back to your card once your old PCM is recieved by the seller. Even the PCMs Rock Auto markets charge core deposits, which are refundable to the customer, not held as a store credit.

As to Heath's, it clearly states "Refundable Core Deposit ( +$200.00 )" on their web page.

Hope this helps.
PM-ing you as you replied sir :) But I am medically mentally challenged lol!! I'm sure as hell it said "Credit" but hey if not then thats great

#79 ·
One factor that makes the $200 refund does not make sense is if it takes too much to ship the old ECM back to the US or you can sell that ECM for more than $200 in Europe.

Hope I don't make more confusion.

#80 ·
Off subject slightly, but always looking at info and poss upgrades.

But do SS Diesel supply own a forum? not sure if we are allowed to name other forums? but anyway this forum has a huge banner for SS Diesel making me wonder.

So anyway wife is watching rubbish on TV I figured I'd go 6.5 info hunting as I've a few questions regarding my truck so went to this forum in question where I found a dead end that goes a lil something like this.....

Sorry. The administrator has banned your IP address. To contact the administrator click

This is very recent as I was only on there the other day, whats that all about lol!!

#81 ·
I wont get into specifics but I have delt with Both Heath and Kennedy as far as retailing my products, only Kennedy sells them now

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.