Problem Confirmation - Page 3 - Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums

Home Forum Market Place Garage Lounge (6) Tuning Library DTC Tool Register Vendors
Go Back   Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums > GM Diesel Engines > 6.5L Diesel Engine
Register FAQ Forum Rules My Replies My Threads Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowAuto LoansInsurance

DieselPlace.com is the premier Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-27-2012, 07:51 PM   #21 (permalink)
mischmat
Diesel Fanatic

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tannerjpowell View Post
I would call accurate diesel and see if they include pop test results for their injectors and if they use bosch nozzles.
If they do, I would buy from them. They have the injector install kit for $27. The total price everything you need for the job is one of the best available.

Have you bought from them before? Being the holiday season i'm trying to do this as economical as possible.
4" Custom exhaust into 4" in/out Magnaflow muffler
HO water pump w/ Dual Robert Shaw 195* Termostats
Flowmaster Downpipe w\ custom 2.5"crossover
Offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-28-2012, 01:59 AM   #22 (permalink)
Tannerjpowell
Mechanical Enginerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by mischmat View Post
Have you bought from them before? Being the holiday season i'm trying to do this as economical as possible.
I purchased a PMD extension cable and the quality is very good there. I also purchased a set of lightly used injectors from another member that were purchased new from accurate diesel (I don't recommend buying like that at all). I'm going to have them pop tested locally when they arrive. I'll let you know what the results are. Might be a couple weeks though.

I know there are some other members that have used them. I did a few searches and heard people putting decent mileage on multiple sets without problem. Also read of a few trouble cases here and there, but didn't seem to be anything more than usual.

Whether Bosch, Stanadyne or Medallion, you'll find at least one person who has had a bad experience with them.
1994 2500 Suburban 6.5L - 2wd Auto - 8200 lb brakes - 3.73 posi - 4" Diamond Eye System, 2.25" x-over, PMD relocate and heat sink, Custom LCD readout for EGT, Boost done, working on IAT and EOT. Heath MaxETorq, Turbomaster, Duraterms. In Progress: TransGo HD2, Updated Transmission Solenoids, 2000 model water pump, spin on fan clutch and duramax fan.

2003 ECSB 4x4 6.6L - PPE Hot - MBRP 4" - 1/4 E.T. 14.74 ------- Sold

Last edited by Tannerjpowell; 12-28-2012 at 02:02 AM.
Old 12-28-2012, 03:47 PM   #23 (permalink)
mischmat
Diesel Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by vstech View Post
the FIRST thing I'd do is see if you can isolate the cylinder that's missing. crack the injector lines one at a time... hard to do under the turbo I know...
So I took this advice and cracked the injectors... saying the ones under the turbo are hard to get at is an understatement. But I managed to get at them.

It's hard for me to tell if the knock goes away or not due to the possibility of multiple bad injectors... I implied an old trick I used for finding ticking rockers on a gas motor and put a stick to the injectors then on my ear. I noticed some differences in sounds between the injectors but more noticeably is a significant difference in sounds on the injector lines. One particular line is louder than the rest.

Could the injector pump cause knocking also or am I just looking at the possibility of multiple injectors having some sort of an issue.

The truck idles smoothly after about 30 sec of run time, but rough from 1000 rpm till about 2000 when the turbo spools, then takes off like a damn monster.
Old 12-28-2012, 05:10 PM   #24 (permalink)
racer55
6.5TD Post Addict

Ontario Diesel Place Chapter Member

Old School Oil Burners (Old SOBs) Member

The injector poping off is what would create the sound in the line.

The IP will keep producing pressure up to it's maximum or until the injector pops-it doesn't know much better.
Relocated PMD/Heatsink to Front Bumper #9 Resistor
K-47 Standard Duty AC Air Filter And K-47 Housing
Kennedy special calibration fan clutch/Kennedy 20" steel fan
LeroyDiesel.com oil cooler kit
Diamond Eye 4" turbo back exhaust
2 1/2" crossover
High Idle Mod
Feed The Beast 2.0
EGT,Boost gauges
Diagnostic Checklist 2.0
OBD1 Codes
OBD2 Codes
6.5 FAQ
Carcode & TDCO Instructions
Old 12-28-2012, 05:19 PM   #25 (permalink)
mischmat
Diesel Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer55 View Post
The injector poping off is what would create the sound in the line.

The IP will keep producing pressure up to it's maximum or until the injector pops-it doesn't know much better.

Well that makes me feel better. I was reading some more on the pumps and realized I have the DS4. Went pricing and just picked myself up off the floor when I saw pricing.

So it's starting to sound more and more like bad injector(s) being that majority of them have a certain tick sound and the odd couple have more of a tack sound.
Old 01-01-2013, 10:59 PM   #26 (permalink)
mischmat
Diesel Fanatic

Update:

Well since finances are in a pinch I tried a few methods that I've read around the forum for possible stuck injectors. I put some 2 stroke motor oil in the tank and just under a litre of tranny fluid. Took it down the highway and drove it like I stole it.

Smoking gone. Just did a cold start after 5 hours of sitting and 1st crank and off it went. Hope it stays that way. Will post back if it changes.
Old 01-02-2013, 02:57 PM   #27 (permalink)
JMJNet
Diesel Laureate

The Suburban Club Member

Please don't put any tranny fluid, it is not designed to burn cleanly, in other words, it creates ash and gum. The modern tranny fluid is not like the old days. They are designed to last a long time which is good for tranny but not as fuel additive.

The 2 cycle/stroke oil is good as proven by the study in the Maint Lube section to increase diesel lubricity.

If you want to put oil, get some non-detergent cheap oil.
KD LP/OPS Harness
Bosch Duraterm GP
Heath Turbo-Master
Chevron's XLP Diesel Additive
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

PLEASE READ! You must check your email inbox for the confirmation link to complete registration. Please check your spam box if you do not see the email in your inbox.

User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.