Diesel Place banner

Roof mounted gauges

2K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  VWhauler 
#1 ·
Have yall seen the dual mounted roof pods for the Duramax's? Basically I want to either use that thing or something like that to have my pyro and boost gauges on the roof. Has anyone done anything like that? Just dual gauges on right in between the mirrors. Or I was thinking of using a RAM mount console and building them into that.

Let me know if anyone has done this and how hard it is. Thanks =)

#2 · (Edited)
It is really easy to do if you can find an over head counsel. Finding the counsel is the hard part though, they where only offered in few vehicles. Here is Davdiesel's setup:

#3 ·
I have the same thing on mine. Boost and EGT. I'll post some pics later.

#4 ·
Awesome I can't wait to see the install.

#5 ·

most suburban/4 doors have them. exception being the base/work truck model. i bought one from a yard, recovered it and it looks brand new. subs w/ dual air have the controls instead of a block off plate but one made from aluminum and covered in the same fabric would look good. from 92-2000 they had the same style so it wouldn't matter what year you chose. will have to cut holes in the roof panel and the mounting tabs are there already. keep the wires and get them as long as you can so you can hook up the map lights.

#6 ·

#7 ·
dasd
Is that a burb or did you find that overhead console somewhere?

#8 ·
Snagged the console from a burb off of ebay. My truck is an ex/lb.

#9 ·
So to install it you just need to cut the liner back and jam it into some roof tabs? I've never done it before... Thats all

#10 ·
For the back, yes. There is a hole in the front of it to put a screw though. I think mine may have been broken when I got it so I had to improvise a bit to get the front to screw in.

#11 · (Edited)
I have a junkyard Tahoe console in my crew cab. Also nabbed the compass/outside temp rearview mirror from the same truck. Even the hole for the console mounting screw was already drilled. Just had to cut a couple of headliner holes in the back for the mounting tabs to stick through. I managed to find one with a built in HomeLink transmitter that is fully functional. Just had to put power to it. Now I need to make up a mounting plate for some guages to replace that funny looking rear A/C switch!

#12 ·
Wow so basically any suburban or tahoe console should fit right up there?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.