The Crew Cab!!! - Page 32 - Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums

Home Forum Market Place Garage Lounge (0) Tuning Library DTC Tool Register Vendors
Go Back   Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums > GM Diesel Engines > 6.2L Diesel Engine
Register FAQ Forum Rules My Replies My Threads Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowAuto LoansInsurance Chat Room

6.2L Diesel Engine Discuss the 6.2 GM diesel engine & associated components.

DieselPlace.com is the premier Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree214Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-11-2017, 09:13 AM   #311 (permalink)
Nastybuzzard
Diesel Fanatic

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Yeah gotta have that. Mine is from 94 or 95 and it came with the fork and what not. I guess I got lucky and got the one with the tall ass first gear.

For a long time I thought I would have to buy the expensive ass AA bellhousing to make it work in the square body but have since found someone who just bolted it right up and used the stock parts for the most part and just made a line to connect the 94 stuff to the original square body stuff.

Offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-11-2017, 09:14 AM   #312 (permalink)
1967KaiserM715
Diesel Head

If your truck isn't lifted, I think it was 4" minimum. A passenger side slave won't work as your front driveshaft occupies the same space. Advanced adapters sells a conversion bellhousing for our trucks for the nv4500. The sm465 bell won't fit because the bell to Tran bolt pattern changed(Got wider iirc)

As to the pedals, you might have 2 issues, one is the- z-bar, probably easy fix. The other is the hydroboost pin, it is bigger and closer? To the top, think vacuum boost pin was lower on the pedal. I can't quite remember. I have both hydro and vacuum pedals on a hydraulic clutch set up, I'll try and remember to compare them, plus get you some dimensions for the clutch set up.

If your truck is an' 85+ it should have dimples for the master already !!Notice!! The center hole is bigger to allow for master size differences, I didn't realize this when I drilled and had to resort to a file so the bolt holes would line up. I think they want you to drill a 1-1/2" hole? But don't quote me, I got rid of the only hydraulic clutch cab I had.

Sent from my LGL34C using Tapatalk

Old 01-11-2017, 03:24 PM   #313 (permalink)
boneheaddoctor
Diesel Apprentice

Old School Oil Burners (Old SOBs) Member

One ton hydro-boost has a larger diameter pin than the rest.

2014 Chevy Cruze Diesel
1989 Civic - Built B16A1
1987 GMC Sierra 2500 6.2 turbodiesel
1983 Mercedes 300D Turbodiesel
1979 Mercedes 300SD Turbodiesel
1971 Mercedes 280SE
1975 Harley-Davidson Ironhead chopper

Last edited by boneheaddoctor; 01-11-2017 at 03:25 PM.

Old 01-11-2017, 03:38 PM   #314 (permalink)
legendman
Ex- 6BT Square Body Man

iTrader Score: 2 reviews

CT Smoke Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneheaddoctor View Post

One ton hydro-boost has a larger diameter pin than the rest.
Nice.

My first choice is to try and find a set of hydro pedals, I have until spring to find the parts I need to do the swap.
Quote:
Originally Posted by smackzed View Post
I put a chevrolet tailgate on my last truck and it started acting like a girl...love me, need me, want me pay attention to me. Took it off and put the GMC back on (fixed the latch) and it went back to being the same old dirty bastard it used to be
~ Bob
1987 R20 350 th400
1983 K20 6.2 TH350 NP205 83 K20 Build plow duty for winter

Do yourself a favor and read the 6.2 Diesel Student Training Manual ... lots of good info...it's in PDF format located here PDF Manuals
Old 01-11-2017, 03:43 PM   #315 (permalink)
RatsMC
Diesel Head

You got me thinking and then I went to Craigslist. There it was: a 98 Silverado gasser with an NV4500 for $100.

Only problem is that it is 90 miles away and I'd have to tow the thing here and dismantle it in my driveway. And it is raining like all hell.

82 GMC K1500 6.2l
  • Banks Sidewinder Turbo
  • TH400 Transmission
  • Rebuilt 10 Bolt 3.42 Diffs
  • NP208
  • Electric Lift Pump relocated to the frame
  • Manual Glow Plug Set up

Last edited by RatsMC; 01-11-2017 at 03:45 PM.
Old 01-11-2017, 03:54 PM   #316 (permalink)
legendman
Ex- 6BT Square Body Man

CT Smoke Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RatsMC View Post
You got me thinking and then I went to Craigslist. There it was: a 98 Silverado gasser with an NV4500 for $100.

Only problem is that it is 90 miles away and I'd have to tow the thing here and dismantle it in my driveway. And it is raining like all hell.
Do it! Pay someone a couple hundred to haul it for ya and you would still be ahead, heck part it out and you could just about get the swap
done for free.

Pedal assembly $360 on epay that. Shipping is free though

73-87 Chevy C/K Truck Manual Transmission Hydraulic Clutch Pedal Assembly SM-465 | eBay
Quote:
I put a chevrolet tailgate on my last truck and it started acting like a girl...love me, need me, want me pay attention to me. Took it off and put the GMC back on (fixed the latch) and it went back to being the same old dirty bastard it used to be
~ Bob
1987 R20 350 th400

Do yourself a favor and read the 6.2 Diesel Student Training Manual ... lots of good info...it's in PDF format located here PDF Manuals

Last edited by legendman; 01-11-2017 at 03:55 PM.
Old 01-11-2017, 04:20 PM   #317 (permalink)
boneheaddoctor
Diesel Apprentice

I agree, pay someone to grab it and haul it....the truck is worth more than that scrap.

You WILL be kicking yourself for years to come if you let that slip through your fingers.

I paid $800 + $175 shipping insured through Fastenall store to store for my 94 Chevy NV4500 4x4 transmission recently from a member on Pirate4x4 I also belong to.

I don't have many local junkyards to deal with and the few we do have charge high prices (ungodly high property values and taxes not to mention regulations have a hand in that).

And I'd have the town on my ass within days if I tried to break up a vehicle on my property to part out. I've already had them on my ass last time I did a brake job on all 4 corners along with brake lines a number of years ago. They thought I was junking the truck.

2014 Chevy Cruze Diesel
1989 Civic - Built B16A1
1987 GMC Sierra 2500 6.2 turbodiesel
1983 Mercedes 300D Turbodiesel
1979 Mercedes 300SD Turbodiesel
1971 Mercedes 280SE
1975 Harley-Davidson Ironhead chopper

Last edited by boneheaddoctor; 01-11-2017 at 04:27 PM.
Old 01-11-2017, 06:26 PM   #318 (permalink)
RatsMC
Diesel Head

Trying to work it out now. I should clarify that 90 miles here is a 2 hour drive because traffic is out of control around here.

82 GMC K1500 6.2l
  • Banks Sidewinder Turbo
  • TH400 Transmission
  • Rebuilt 10 Bolt 3.42 Diffs
  • NP208
  • Electric Lift Pump relocated to the frame
  • Manual Glow Plug Set up
Old 01-11-2017, 06:51 PM   #319 (permalink)
legendman
Ex- 6BT Square Body Man

CT Smoke Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RatsMC View Post
Trying to work it out now. I should clarify that 90 miles here is a 2 hour drive because traffic is out of control around here.
Hopefully you make it happen, if there is 4x4 group on farcebook near you, I would try posting a message that you need a truck hauled. Might luck out someone might be headed your way empty.

That is how I got both crewcabs here, one was 2 hours away and the guy hauled it for $200 (and he even come-alonged it on the trailer) and the other
was about an hour that guy charged $160. Well worth to me.
Quote:
~ Bob
1987 R20 350 th400

Old 01-11-2017, 06:57 PM   #320 (permalink)
legendman
Ex- 6BT Square Body Man

CT Smoke Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneheaddoctor View Post
And I'd have the town on my ass within days if I tried to break up a vehicle on my property to part out. I've already had them on my ass last time I did a brake job on all 4 corners along with brake lines a number of years ago. They thought I was junking the truck.
They wouldn't like me as a resident then, rules around here I think are no more than 3 unregistered vehicles per residence.
You can have as many as you want if they are registered, right now I am at 7 and 3 are not registered. Hopefully the 71 K20 with the 3-53 will be going soon, buddy just got a house and I told him get it out, it's been here over 5 years.

Quote:
~ Bob
1987 R20 350 th400

Last edited by legendman; 01-11-2017 at 07:00 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

PLEASE READ! You must check your email inbox for the confirmation link to complete registration. Please check your spam box if you do not see the email in your inbox.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.