Diesel Place banner

Suburban Rocker repair question

754 views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  JCDiesel 
#1 ·
This is not friendly to people wearing sandals so id like to fix this in the next few weeks. I was looking at rocker pieces on certifit and Rockauto but I dont know what to buy. Im going to use some sheet I have here to patch where the actual body is rotted away. I think the rockers screw to that? Im really not sure. Looking for the cheapest easiest way to patch this. Looks aren't super important just functional. Anyone have any ideas or tips? Best place to buy the parts? Thanks

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
I bought my rocker panels and cab corners from eBay.The price wasn't bad from what I can gather.Basically what I did was grind out the old section but only cutting out what was bad and then I placed on the new rocker and traced behind it with a yellow marker.Then using aviation cutters I cut out the new rocker following the yellow marker trace left behind.Then I just spot welded everything all the way across.Of course just spot weld the panel a few inches apart at first but then you can fill it in fully afterwards.I hope this helps in some way.

#3 ·
Thanks ill check ebay. Unfortunately I haven't reached welding status at this point in my home repair career. Was going to rivit or self tap something together hopefully. Maybe ill bring it to work and have someone there weld on it if that doesn't work.

#4 ·
LMC has the front door patch that has part of the curve on it which it looks like you need in the front. At least with LMC you will probably get what is in the picture. With Rock I have found anytime it says various or close out its kinda a gab bag. You may end up with one that does not have the curves on it.

#6 ·
LMC, Rock Auto, Classic Auto, Brothers, Mills Supply, Sherman Auto Parts.

To do it right you cut out everything bad and weld in new. If you just want to fix the ugly and not get elaborate, get the slip on ones and just bolt overtop.

No ends

compared to ends.

Automotive exterior Floor Material property Furniture Couch

#7 ·
I just got done working thanks for the responses guys I will set up an order today. Diaric I think the bolt on is more my style so ill go that route. Ill post a finished product when I get them done. I like to close out my stuff.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.