Mbrp downpipe install directions needed! - Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums

Home Forum Market Place Garage Lounge (1) Tuning Library DTC Tool Register Vendors
Go Back   Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums > GM Diesel Engines > Duramax Fourth Generation: 2007.5-2010 (LMM)
Register FAQ Forum Rules My Replies My Threads Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowAuto LoansInsurance

DieselPlace.com is the premier Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-17-2012, 11:47 PM   #1 (permalink)
Vidorcom
Diesel Technician

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Mbrp downpipe install directions needed!

Anyone have a PDF?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-20-2012, 11:31 PM   #2 (permalink)
Vidorcom
Diesel Technician

Nobody?
Old 08-20-2012, 11:57 PM   #3 (permalink)
smore79
That's what she said....

iTrader Score: 2 reviews

Armed Forces Club Member

Here is one I did, yours will be slightly different but the same concept. Use the search tool, it will help you out a lot.

http://www.dieselplace.com/forum/sho...2484&highlight=
EFI Live DSP5 20% Injectors
FASS Platiunum 150
Suncoast G-Max 5 w/ 1056
5" Straight Exhaust - EGR Blocked
Diamond Eye Downpipe
Volant Intake w/ LBZ mouthpiece
RedHead Steering Box
Amp Steps....Lots of other stuff

USN 2002-2008
Offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-21-2012, 12:05 AM   #4 (permalink)
Bodysurfer
Diesel Master

SoCal Diesel Trucks Member

Not really that hard getting it on... just make sure you get the upper connection on right... you don't want leaks.

Here is mine installed:

Banks/MBRP, Predator, Volant, ProComp Lift, Weld rims, Goodyear Wrangler DuraTrac, Westin nerfs, Billet grill, Black bowtie, VR Straps, OEM Escalade LUX Touch Nav Radio w/CDX, Rear OEM tweeters, Front/Rear footwell lights,TC lockup light, PPE Boost Valve, AutoMeter SportComp II boost/pyro gauges, Trippin mount, SD intake manifold, BD exhaust manifold, pedal spring upgrade. (Pics in My Garage - http://www.dieselplace.com/forum/garage.php?do=view&g=276) Truck Of The Month - 4/06
Original Old Sckool SoCal Diesel
GM cars/trucks SUX
Old 08-25-2012, 09:57 PM   #5 (permalink)
Moose1122
Diesel Enthusiast

http://mbrpautomotive.com/products/i...ons/GM8424.pdf

Don't know if you still need it or not, but it is on their website. Here is the link for you.
Pro Comp leveling lift
Banks CAI
MBRP 4" filter back exhaust w/6" tip
MBRP turbo downpipe
AFE Bladerunner turbo inlet and hotside intercooler tube
LML driver side manifold
Edge Insight CTS with EAS pyrometer
Continual work in progress...
Old 08-26-2012, 01:30 AM   #6 (permalink)
Vidorcom
Diesel Technician

Thanks for the help everyone!
Old 08-28-2012, 01:52 AM   #7 (permalink)
Vidorcom
Diesel Technician

Well 6 hours later got it done! What a pain in the ass. I do have 1 outstanding problem, when reinstalling transmission stick it cut the rubber grommet and fell the rubber fell in. Should I pull the tranny pan?
Old 10-02-2012, 02:10 AM   #8 (permalink)
uscgav8r
Diesel Fanatic

Thanks for the great write up. I really want to do this when I do egr delete and straight pipe but Im really nervous when it comes to pulling or messing with the dip stick. Either way Im sure this will come in handy. :beer:
Installed:Fabtech 6", 20x12 moto metal 962's, 35x13.5x20 procomp extremes, EFI Live w/ DSP5 by Kory Willis, 60,80,100,120,kill, MBRP SS 5" TB, Alligator PCV reroute w/ billet plugs, ProFab EGR delete, ProFab DP, modded up-pipe, alligator Trans lines, demoulded and debadged, color matched handles, large fender mod.

2003 Honda RVT1000r RC51. ACRO exhaust, power commander, -1,+3 TORQUE MONSTER
BIG THANKS to Alligator performance and Synthetic Motorsports.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

PLEASE READ! You must check your email inbox for the confirmation link to complete registration. Please check your spam box if you do not see the email in your inbox.

User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.