Need help isolating a leak, have pics - Page 3 - Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums

Home Forum Market Place Garage Lounge (0) Tuning Library DTC Tool Register Vendors
Go Back   Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums > GM Diesel Engines > Duramax Fourth Generation: 2007.5-2010 (LMM)
Register FAQ Forum Rules My Replies My Threads Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowAuto LoansInsurance

DieselPlace.com is the premier Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-14-2012, 01:56 AM   #21 (permalink)
Vidorcom
Diesel Technician

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

@GM leak is still there. No dye, but oil leak. Sick of my truck being at the dealer trying to find it, Especially since GM does not provide a replacement vehicle of same value.
Advertisement

Old 10-14-2012, 08:19 AM   #22 (permalink)
Smokinlmm
Diesel Technician

NC Dmax's Member

Mine leaked in the same place. It turned out to be the upper valve cover gasket was pinched during assembly. You might want to also check out your high pressure lines on the power steering, they can weep around the crimps and drip a little...

2015 Denali CCSB Z-71 SRW 2500 Dmax/Alli
Lifed with 35 Toyo's
A work in progress
Offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-16-2012, 10:39 AM   #23 (permalink)
GM Customer Svc
Official GM Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vidorcom View Post
@GM leak is still there. No dye, but oil leak. Sick of my truck being at the dealer trying to find it, Especially since GM does not provide a replacement vehicle of same value.
Thank you for the update, Vidorcom. Please, check your private messages inbox as I will be sending you a PM seeking additional information so I can look into this further for you.

Michelle, GM Customer Service assisting Louis
Old 11-04-2012, 07:20 PM   #24 (permalink)
copmagnet
Diesel Technician

Send a message via AIM to copmagnet

I had the same problem except I was able to track the problem down. I ended up tracking the leak down to the Block heater. Cord and Block heater have been replaced, leak appears to be gone.
Old 11-19-2012, 10:26 PM   #25 (permalink)
rob1
Diesel Fanatic

I've seen a couple of these at work that have had excess grease on the center hub of the torque converter & it melting out. Those customers complained of leaks on their driveways and we found no oil leaks, only excess grease.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

PLEASE READ! You must check your email inbox for the confirmation link to complete registration. Please check your spam box if you do not see the email in your inbox.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.