08 Lmm ecm/pcm crash - Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums

Home Forum Market Place Garage Lounge (2) Tuning Library DTC Tool Register Vendors
Go Back   Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums > GM Diesel Engines > Duramax Fourth Generation: 2007.5-2010 (LMM)
Register FAQ Forum Rules My Replies My Threads Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowAuto LoansInsurance

DieselPlace.com is the premier Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-18-2011, 10:01 PM   #1 (permalink)
xxAndyUxx
Diesel Fanatic

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

08 Lmm ecm/pcm crash

The other day i went into a restaurant came out and my truck wouldnt start it would only crank for a second like an immobilizer problem of some sort, luckly my 08 has 35,243 miles on it which i was told from the dealer was still under factory warranty so they towed my truck for free. After several days of diag they found my ecm/pcm was the culprit and replaced it under warranty, with them knowing that my truck has turbo back exhaust and is tuned with efi live. They asked if i had been tuning it when it happened, but i havent flashed the truck since i bought it almost 3 years ago new. Now i have the truck back full aftermarket exhaust on but stock tune with dpf, check engine light is on truck runs fine other wise will the truck go into regen knowing it has dpf codes? On the other hand i am screwed with tuning because my friend that tuned my truck with his efi live tuner will no longer tune it for me... Now im not really sure what tuner to go with? Whats the best at a decent price? I know a efi live v2 is fairly expensive. I am also worried my truck may freak out while driving it with no dpf and stock software...
08 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD 4x4 w/ 20" black XD Hoss wheels w/ 305/55/20 Nitto Terra Grapplers, green keys in the front, 1 1/4 blocks in the rear, Bilstein 5100 shocks, 1/4 wheel spacers in the front, 2" wheel spacers in the rear, 5" MBRP turbo back exhaust w/ no cat, tuned with EFI Live 400hp fun tune DPF delete, 4000k Hid low beam headlamps, Pacer smoked roof lights, Tractor supply low profile black toolbox, Weston black bullbar!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-20-2011, 12:05 PM   #2 (permalink)
Drew92
Diesel Technician

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Illinois Diesel Power (IDP) Member

Give Nick at duramaxtuner.com a shout. He'll send you a pre-tuned ECM with whatever tunes you want in it. I think the cost is like $600 for the ECM and DSP-5 and you have to send him your ECM back. I'm extremely happy with my tunes from him!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

PLEASE READ! You must check your email inbox for the confirmation link to complete registration. Please check your spam box if you do not see the email in your inbox.

User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.