Diesel Place banner

Is there another RECALL besides the Glow Plug

2K views 12 replies 11 participants last post by  DIXIEDURAMAX 
#1 ·
On MY GM Link Im showing a Recall, but it dosen't say what it is. In the History it does show that the Glow Plug flash has been completed. Is there another RECALL?

#3 ·
When I took mine in for the Glow Plug Control Module recall the dealer also did a 05086 Power Steering Hose recall. Looks like it was just a visual inspection with no further action required. I think they had a batch that was bad and they check your numbers and if your is one of the bad ones they replace it.

How long did it take before the GM Link would accept your VIN? Everytime I try to enter mine it says that it is a valid VIN but it is not in their database yet and could take up to 60 days

#9 ·
How long did it take before the GM Link would accept your VIN? Everytime I try to enter mine it says that it is a valid VIN but it is not in their database yet and could take up to 60 days
You will have to e-mail them at the address on their website asking them to enter the information for you. After that, you will get a confirmation e-mail telling you you're set to go.

#7 ·
I don't think that there is an identity crisis w/ Chevrolet trucks , pity the man who has one of those 4-door look alike econoboxes. Easier to wax too!

#11 · (Edited)
My 06 LS has a 4 foot wide Chevrolet applique across the tailgate. I've not paid attention to the 1LT and up trim levels to see how they are marked. I think I have a picture in my garage showing the sticker on the tailgate. That's the way it came to me from the good folks in Pontiac, MI.

#12 ·
My 06 LS has a foot wide Chevrolet applique across the tailgate. I've not paid attention to the 1LT and up trim levels to see how they are marked. I think I have a picture in my garage showing the sticker on the tailgate. That's the way it came to me from the good folks in Pontiac, MI.
I think I got buggerd mine just has a little bowtie and silverado right after it.

#13 ·
Here are the recalls other than the glow plug recall. I think this is all of them?!

2006 CHEVROLET SILVERADO Recall ID from NHTSA: 05V455000 Auto Recall Date: 20051005
Vehicle Component: STEERING:HYDRAULIC POWER ASSIST:HOSE, PIPING, AND CONNECTIONS
Estimated Vehicles Affected: 123592
2006 CHEVROLET SILVERADO Defect Summary:
CERTAIN PASSENGER VEHICLES MAY HAVE BEEN BUILT WITH A POWER STEERING HOSE THAT IS NOT TO SPECIFICATION. UNDER EXTREME STEERING MANEUVERS, SUCH AS TURNING THE STEERING WHEEL FULLY TO THE LEFT OR RIGHT WHILE BRAKING, THE HOSE MAY FRACTURE AND LEAK FLUID.
Defect Consequence:
IF THIS WERE TO OCCUR, POWER STEERING ASSIST WOULD BE LOST AND INCREASED STEERING EFFORT WOULD BE REQUIRED. ON VEHICLES EQUIPPED WITH HYDRO-BOOST POWER BRAKES, IT COULD ALSO RESULT IN LOSS OF POWER BRAKE ASSIST AND INCREASED BRAKING EFFORT WOULD BE REQUIRED. IF THE POWER STEERING FLUID SPRAY WERE TO SPRAY ONTO HOT ENGINE PARTS, AN ENGINE COMPARTMENT FIRE COULD OCCUR.
Remedy:
DEALERS WILL INSPECT THE POWER STEERING HOSE(S) FOR TWO SUSPECT DATE CODES AND REPLACE THEM IF REQUIRED. THE RECALL WILL BEGIN ON OCTOBER 14, 2005. OWNERS MAY CONTACT CHEVROLET AT 1-800-630-2438, GMC AT 1-866-996-9463, BUICK AT 1-866-608-8080, CADILLAC AT 1-866-982-2339, ISUZU AT 1-800-255-6727, OR HUMMER AT 1-800-732-5493.
Notes: GENERAL MOTORS CORP., 05086

2006 CHEVROLET SILVERADO Recall ID from NHTSA: 05V552000
Auto Recall Date: 20051207
Vehicle Component: EQUIPMENT:OTHER:LABELS
Estimated Vehicles Affected: 32068
2006 CHEVROLET SILVERADO Defect Summary:
CERTAIN TRUCKS AND SPORT UTILITY VEHICLES FAIL TO CONFORM TO THE REQUIREMENTS OF FEDERAL MOTOR VEHICLE SAFETY STANDARD NO. 110, "TIRE SELECTION AND RIMS.” THESE VEHICLES WERE SHIPPED WITH TIRE AND LOADING INFORMATION LABELS LISTING AN INACCCURATE VEHICLE CAPACITY WEIGHT.
Defect Consequence:
A MISPRINTED LABEL COULD LEAD TO IMPROPER VEHICLE LOADING SPECIFICATIONS OR TIRE INFLATION WHICH COULD RESULT IN A TIRE FAILURE, INCREASING THE RISK OF A CRASH.
Remedy:
OWNERS WILL BE PROVIDED WITH CORRECTED LABELS AND INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS. AT THE CUSTOMER’S OPTION, A DEALER CAN INSTALL THE LABEL FOR THEM. THE RECALL BEGAN ON MARCH 31, 2006. OWNERS MAY CONTACT BUICK AT 1-866-608-8080, CADILLAC AT 1-866-982-2339, CHEVROLET AT 1-800-630-2438, GMC AT 1-866-996-9463, HUMMER AT 1-800-732-5493, PONTIAC AT 1-800-620-7668, SATURN AT 1-800-972-8876, OR ISUZU AT 1-800-255-6727.
Notes: GENERAL MOTORS CORP., 05109

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.