Diesel Place banner

Looking at an LBZ Need help

897 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  IGO1320 
#1 ·
I believe I'm posting in the right place. Let me know if I'm not.
I'm looking at an 07 LBZ with 182k miles. The dealer bought it at auction and doesn't know much about it. They know it was a fleet truck. It's in good shape. I took it on a test drive and noticed that power steering was funky and so was the breaks. But what got my attention is that it's stock. But when you get on it it rolls coal likes its heavily tuned. Could it be chipped or have something wrong with it? They are asking 14k. Info would be greatly appreciated!! And known problems!

#2 ·
Does it have any warning lights? Did it feel like it has normal power? Brakes and steering funky?

#3 ·
Your PCM sits right under your upper radiator hose, check it out and see if has any aftermarket stickers on it, if so it's most likely tuned. Take your oil cap off and check and if smoke puffs up. If it's like a chu chu train, Ide stay away from it. Too much blow by is worn rings. Good luck .

#4 ·
I'd be a little leary about a fleet truck as I know how those get treated... The black smoke could be as simple as a dirty air filter.

#6 ·
Low on power steering fluid would cause that. you may have a line leaking . not sure if you said the power was ok or not. Check under the oil filler as already advised. check for any fluid leaks. I would make sure the transfer case has fluid, an empty case caused by pump rub would be expensive .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.